Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So most of the sellers specs list the camera at 0.3 megapixel while the translated page of ainol.com/novo states it's a "30 megapixel" (mistranslation of 3.0 megapixel maybe?). Has anyone actually confirmed what the resolution is? (0.3 or 3?)

·
Registered
37 Posts
So most of the sellers specs list the camera at 0.3 megapixel while the translated page of ainol.com/novo states it's a "30 megapixel" (mistranslation of 3.0 megapixel maybe?). Has anyone actually confirmed what the resolution is? (0.3 or 3?)
I can confirm that quality is definately not 3Mpix. It is very very poor. Also I tried to run skype but it just hangs while signing in so couldn't check if it works with skype

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can confirm that quality is definately not 3Mpix. It is very very poor. Also I tried to run skype but it just hangs while signing in so couldn't check if it works with skype
Begs the question, why even put a 0.3MP camera on a tablet? That's kind of like adding a betamax player to your new HD home theater setup. What's the point?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Begs the question, why even put a 0.3MP camera on a tablet?
For tablets - Front facing cameras are meant for video chat. Generally 0.3 MP or higher. Rear facing cameras are for taking pictures. Generally 1.3 MP or higher.

Take a photo and multiple out its resolution to see how many MPs. ie, 640x480 resolution = 307200 pixels = 0.3 MP; 1280x1024 = 1.3 MP; etc.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
37 Posts
Regarding webcam. Is your skype or fring working at all? It's just hanging after signing up

Sent from my Ainol Novo8 Advanced using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I managed to install skype from aptoide repositories, and worked for some minutes than hangs.
Could not make video skype works.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a note. I noticed that when you first get it there is a little protective plastic on the camera lens that needs to be removed. I noticed some people in another forum complaining about really blurry pictures and that's probably why. Although I have no way to test mine since I received a $200 paperweight in the mail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts