Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to use their 3G service and pay $60/month - called tech support and they scratched their heads, couldn't understand why I was allowed to buy it (bought at OfficeMax), and stated there was no way - that it was meant to be used with a service plan. I asked why do they allow it to be purchased without a plan. Again, scratched his head.Anyway, I am wondering if anyone knows how to deactivate the entire 3G service - it interrupts my wifi access at inopportune times! tia

·
Registered
13 Posts
This worked on my VZW tab, thx to the XDA folks, hope it works for you: volume up once volume down twice volume up three timesvolume down four times.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hmm I misunderstood your request; unsure how to turn OFF data unless you just continually keep in airplane mode. I just bypassed activation on mine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How did you bypass activation? Mine keeps trying to activate - every reboot, at inopportune times interrupting me... And at what point do you try the volume up/down trick?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wasnt completely sure what the sales guys had set up on the device before selling to me, so I did a hard reset and began the setup wizard anew. It got to the point for activation and began dialing, etc. I cancelled that, and it really wouldnt let me do anything else. So at that point I tried the volume button bypass and its never nagged me since. Using the vzn tab.Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Were you able to get the tab at the $399 price from Office Max, and not have to activate there before you left? If we can buy at the 399 price and bypass Sprint activation then that would make the Tab from Office Max a great deal even cheaper than the WiFi only version.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts