Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
The tricky part is to open the apad.then, I would add a wifi antenna connector so you can use whatever you want including a simple antenna or a modified Satellite antenna (or a cantenna)

·
Premium Member
334 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
And the bezel will never really look as nice again once you reassemble the unit. Unless you really need to get into the unit to correct a problem, I'd recommend against it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have my apad M701 with metal casing. There is no tape on the black bezel.I saw in one video they use a suctino cup to pull out the screen cover.Amazing.I just opened my apad yesterday.I thought there is gonig to be a space for me to solder the HDMI connecter. However, there is none.It is not true that the PCB is HDMI ready. It is not just the casing, but also the design.Anyway, I put in a self made antenna inside, but with no obvious signal gain.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have tried the same without much result. The metal casing is blocking radio signals, that's why they put the original antenna behind the plastic shield at the back. The only solution I see is an external antenna, but that would ruin the slick casing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts