Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey guys, this is the first Moonsie MS-E7001 AKA Apad mod ever made! The overall build kept getting sidetracked by mishaps that happened with the hardware but somehow I still powered through to create a slick, modern and stock looking mod. The main focus was on the battery since it is a world record (as of 6/28/10) in terms of battery life/battery capacity in two categories: all touchscreen slates and all android device. I can achieve 12 hours at full power (high screen brightness, high resources, etc)! Have not attempted low power tests or standby tests yet. I hope this inspires you guys to get out there and try something new!Mods done to it:Redesigned better back cover for gripRedesigned new front panel (to match back cover)8500 mah battery!Repositioned primary on/off buttonRepositioned standby on/off buttonImproved speaker setupNew microphone portInteresting observation: All four batteries are recognized by the motherboard and the total overall remaining power (when not plugged in) is calculated as a percent.FINAL VIDEO!
Post-Mod Review on how it handles.
Posts 6, 7 and 8 show more pictures of the finished product.Post 2 shows all the updates of this project (Videos 1-6).Quick shoutout to MP4DOGGIE and Slatedroid for sponsoring this mod! I placed a Slatedroid logo on the front (used doublesided tape then spray painted it over with a flat clear overcoat).

·
Registered
215 Posts
Got the Apad/iRobot/M003 from Mp4doggie today and I removed the battery and speaker right off the bat. I plan to use a Compaq iPAQ H3600 SERIES extended battery add-on case to bondo onto the back case. The additional case is very small but will double the thickness of the machine at that location. The additional case can also house three 3.7v 2000mah battery.Taped up button holes with painters tape then plastic epoxied the PS2 Minikey to the front panelPlastic epoxy the insidePaint still dryingVideo 1: Initial dremel, gluing and positioning of parts
Video 2: Outcase almost done, needs to be repainted with flat black
Video 3: Removed all paint layers and repainted with flat black.
Video 4: Cosmetics Update
Video 5: New direction I'm going to take to try and create a new world record with the highest internal battery capacity on an android device/portable tablet
Video 6: How I wired everything.
The 30gb ZIF harddrive idea was scrapped in order to accommodate the higher battery capacity.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Carnivore, please tell me you don't have a day job. Where do you find the time for this stuff?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.