Android Tablets Forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
[quote name='DragonHO;8364]Than you like this more[...]One question i am having' date=' how to get instead of the LCD a VGA / Output onto that socketboard.[/QUOTE'] i'll certainly try that to my m001 when it arrives. datasheet sez al i need (says all i need).

·
Registered
157 Posts
DragonHO;8378 said:
Ah u ordered a M001 with VIA chip??
yea... from Pandawill. I cant wait any longer hhahah 8 days so far

·
Registered
19 Posts
Opened my APAD yesterday... twice
Actually with instructions it is quite easy to do. You need only a knife (not too sharp, or you can cut plastic instead of pilling it off) and very small philips screwdriver, like used for clock repairs. I had to open apad to look for a problem wich cause it to turn off from time to time, I saught I could solder something. But everything seems fine inside. And what I found out was, that when I screw the device back firmly it want turn on any more, but when I opened it second time and loosen some screws it started working. So it may be some shorting problem because of pressure. If I have spare time I plan to open it again and look for possible pressure points.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Regarding the battery: I will not say, that there is a plenty of room. It is because of slick design of back cover, the room that you think is free by the photos is very limited by height, because you have to put there the LCD. I think if anyone whant to out a bigger battery he most probably will have to make a new back cover for device. It may be a task for guys that have CNC machines.

·
Registered
137 Posts
lol this thing was fun to open almost messed up the touch screen got it working again but might have to order liquid conductive glue to make it 100% new as contacts between the resistive touch screen got messed up.Would not advise any one to open it unless you really have to as this thing is built not to be opened up

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking for some advice from the guys who took apart their Apads. Do you think its possible to replace the battery with a similarly sized but higher capacity battery?It is possible to get pictures and/or a description of the battery connection wires?I would be very grateful for that.

·
Registered
880 Posts
yes and no.I dont think there is a similar sized batterys with bigger capacity.The battery is a simple LiPo with only two connectors (no charging electronic).Carnivore made a mod where he opened the plasticbody of the aPad and connected some more batterys of the same size and voltage.he also made youtube videosSadly the thread got lost when the forum moved to another Server =(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Although my chances of finding these are very slim if I am able to get similarly sized batteries lithium polymer of higher capacity it would be safe to change them?

41 - 60 of 62 Posts