Android Tablets Forum banner

Hardbook eCover

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  fredsmithers 
#1 ·
I did my second protective cover mod for my Eken M003. Took a 370 page hard cover book apart and velcro glued my M003 inside. Great for reading, protects it when I take it on the road, and once I figure out how to keep it open safely my MOD will be complete. So I'm looking for ideas on final piece of my MOD hardbook eCover. How to use book cover as a stand on slippery surface and name for this MOD, eCover, hardbook case, ...?Full article on my blog with all pictures.www.tabletuser.blogspot.comAlso posted a few videos with first eCover, it was 280 pages and sat inside back cover.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
that would be a great way to get 12 hour on time if not outlet was available. I have plenty of NiMH AA size batteries and most output of 2000mAH, so thats at least 2 more hours of surfing. I think RC car battery packs are the way to go, hang a 4 foot wire to it and keep battery in backpack. Looked at Li-Poly vs NiMH and cost and weight are biggest difference. NiMH with 4 foot wire, battery pack sits external. 5000mAh about 5 usage hours $40 weighs 16.4 oz or over 1 poundLi-Poly would work in my book mod, since lighter weight. 5500mAh about 5 hours $55 only 10 oz.recycle for cheap6 "AA" NiMH 2500mAh add a 6 cell holder probably 10oz, about 2 to 3 hours extra. $10 for battery, DIY 6 cell holder? still looking for ideas. Hoping to find a broken baby toy I can rip battery pack from.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Plug in power inlet, just like using external power pack plug. Easiest approach to adding extra power. Not enough room internally to easily add power and Li-po batteries are explosive so I'm sticking to NiMH. I did like 18650 Lipo batteries 3.7v batteries, but can't find cheap holder for running 2 in series. So back to AA NiMH or RC packs as a cheap external portable power source.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.