Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought it impulsively (in france we call that "sur un coup de tete")I ask myself, what can i do this this device ? don't even have access to android market place, only useless chinese apps are available ...the device remains bugged, buttons are not working correctly , touchscreen sometime get slowedin fact , i bought it to test if i could develop professional apps for some of my customers, it appeard that this stuff is not as usefull than a win mobile device ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm fairly happy with my ePad/Flytouch. I got it for a decent price so thought it would be worth trying an android tablet. Since it had the 256MB RAM I thought it might be closer to the performance of the aPad. But sadly its still quite slow. I was hoping to use it for some old school gaming. NES games run but too slow to be playable, and SNES roms don't even play. Other than that its been great. Mine does have access to the Android Market. I don't see much use other than web browsing or using as an eReader.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thurman;14819 said:
How was you able to get on the Android Market?
maybe it is english 1.5ver. / mine also chinese crap!!! 1.7.2 ver.. i get my apps in third party site's some epad owner say's that the 1.7.4 ver comes with the real app market.. im waiting my new 1.7.4 epad this week.. i hope its not a piece of defective junk hehehe., my first epad kinda good.. anyway

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am happy with the price/performance of my Flytouch. I have 2 (one's for a friend), and both came with 1.7.2 and I have upgraded 1 of them to 1.7.4. I think I'll give the 1.7.2 to my friend who is less technically literate and just wants to do email, browse, and read ebooks. The 1.7.4 looks like it has a few things that do not work properly yet but it seems to do most of what I want and is allowing me to learn the Android environment ready for something better when it all settles down with the 2.2 release.The 1.7.4 I got from the download pages on this site.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Very happy. Did careful research before I bought it.Worked better than expected especially with 1.74 upgrade.7" form factor is really good for single-handed operation.Cheap as chips - $99 bucks.At that price I have a mini-Laptop/e-reader.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i bought it for 130 dollars shippinh included and everything, and i believe it is really good. It has 256 mb ram, it?s speed is ok and you can connect ethernet and 3g modules to it (3g if you have android version 1.7.4).The thing that bugs me is the android market that doesn?t load, but i use my computer and/or the ePad itself to download third party apps from other sources. so i find it a pretty good deal

·
Registered
205 Posts
I guess i bougth it also by a impulsive feeling. In anyway i've never expected this device to b cutting edge speed, is quite amuzing though. I really enjoy how it keeps connectivity and alerts me when i receive email, got something going on on facebook, youtube video playback and web browsing.Also if you don't have a computer nearby this pad can be a lifesaver if you need information over the inet. I'am also using it for college, i'm a graphic design student and sometimes i use it to display and discuss some jobs with my professors.Is lightweight, it has a good screensize, decent video playback (for the price) and is really entertaining if you like to tweak stuff like messing with the firmware, try to speed it up, test new os's and so.If you want a gaming device, you should buy a psp, mine is somewhere in my room i really don't pay to much attention to it anymore.In general lines i'll write a quick review:Design: 8/10Speed: 4/10Connectivity: 10/10Support: 0/10 (if you count slatedroid as support 10/10)Transportability: 9/10Battery life: 5/10Easy of use: 9/10Book reading: 9/10Picture display: 9/10Fun factor: 100/10Average score: 8/10 <------ for what it cost is a lot.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The youtube reviews seem fairly decent for the price. I guess I'll see when mine arrives, but in the videos I found, the OS seemed quite responsive. Boot time was slow, but ebooks and Page loads in the browser weren't too bad. (YouTube - ePad Flytouch (Generic Android Tablet) Mini-Review (ebook reader and browser)). From what I've read, the newer ROMs improve performance as well.I just won't set my expectations too high and hope for the best.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i am happy with my epad, i bought it from ebay (88 euro) with included shipment cost, it's came with 1.8.2 rom, but i reflash with the newest rom from HidePerso (epad 256m 1.9_88 rooted v0.3k), market working (always retry when it said an error google server problem), and now everything it's working, i used epad for ebook reader and watching movie in train, plus used to navigate in internet in school

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
It's okay not the fastest tablet around but it does work after you root it and add rooted apps. Camera/Camcorder I won't be using though. I did notice that it had some dead pixel but that turn out to be dirt on the inner cover. I just pull that off and use anti-static spray to wipe clean. There are 4 tiny screws to remove the panel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Loving my new flytouch after about a week of having it. Battery life is pretty shocking but otherwise fantastic fun for the money (?60 ebay). Had been sold it as an apad which it clearly isnt but with Sir HidePerso's wonderful 1.9.88 ROM, she is stable and behaving! Gotta love them Chinese :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes happy. I am using it as ebook reader, and internet device when im at the malls where wifi internet is free any suggestions for a good PDF reader?bought it in Manila for around 90 US dollars + 2 US dollars (when converted from Philippine peso) for the stylish and form fitting bag. total 92 US dollars.

·
Registered
409 Posts
tipstir;54598 said:
Prop up against a netbook. Try to find a good desktop stand for it though. I might make one out of wood?
I use standard book holder - steal one from my kinds

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.