Android Tablets Forum banner
121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
to enhance speed drastically:
- disable ZRAM
- remove auto brightness (and reboot the hannspad)

Also, you can choose w/e screen resolution you like in build.prop (120, 140, 160 dpi).
Thanks again. Auto brightness was already disabled but I have also disabled ZRAM now and it is a little speedier. However, I cannot find the screen resolution settings anywhere. I read that they are under Settings > ROM Controls > Build Properties but I don't seem to have a ROM Controls option within Settings. Can you clarify?

·
Registered
187 Posts
You must edit the build.prop file in /system.

You can also use a market 'Build.prop' editor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can someone please help me. I have a brand new Hannspree tablet but when i turned it off and back on it won't start up. All i get is the green logo and nothing more.
Hi Sparky, I too have had this problem with my HSG1279 (SN1A71TBEE) Hannspad bought end of October 2013 - first happened 2-3 weeks into ownership in mid November, sent it back to Hannspree (repair-tech) under warranty, was away for almost three weeks, then returned working, but with no explanation of the cause. Guess what, after about two weeks trouble free use it's done it again again. You can reboot to the android recovery screen <3e> by pressing Power & Volume down button for about 8 seconds - but it won't reboot!!!

Further to my first post 28/12/13: My tablet working perfectly now. Trouble is I don't know how I fixed it. Here's what I think happened:-

I downloaded Cycdia Impactor to my PC, unzipped it, and started it ...
Attached my tablet to USB, the PC took my tablet as a mass storage device and loaded drivers accordingly,
and the tablet sprang into life, asking me to allow PC to connect via USB
I tried to use Impactor to gain "su" access, but it reported no device was attached, and wouldn't mount etc.
I then pressed the "home" icon on my tablet and everything was OK - was taken to the home screen on a factory reset tablet - google app shop remembered all apps I'd loaded - so took about 90 minutes reloading/updating my apps

I'd be happier if I knew this was going to be the end of my troubles with my tablet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, im trying to install / destroy hannspad original rom, but i get this message from nvflash:

Warning! This will setup your tablet to accept ICS roms. Are you sure you want t
o do this?
By pressing any key twice, you will change your partitions to suit curren ICS re
leases!
If you do not want to, then close down this command prompt window!
Presione una tecla para continuar . . .
Nvflash started
rcm version 0X20001
System Information:
chip name: t20
chip id: 0x20 major: 1 minor: 3
chip sku: 0x8
chip uid: 0x17144009437fe397
macrovision: disabled
hdcp: enabled
sbk burned: false
dk burned: false
boot device: emmc
operating mode: 3
device config strap: 0
device config fuse: 0
sdram config strap: 0

sending file: hanns.bct
- 4080/4080 bytes sent
hanns.bct sent successfully
downloading bootloader -- load address: 0x108000 entry point: 0x108000
sending file: bootloader.bin
| 941356/941356 bytes sent
bootloader.bin sent successfully
waiting for bootloader to initialize
bootloader downloaded successfully
setting device: 1 0
creating partition: BCT
failed executing command 16 NvError 0x120002
command failure: create failed (bad data)
bootloader status: specified device is not the boot device (code: 17) message: n
verror:0x4 (0x4) flags: 0

Please now refer back to the guide section "ICS Rom Installation".

i cant do nothing else because i always get this error and when i try to turn on the tablet it freezes with a beautiful black screen.

Help please..

·
Registered
187 Posts
You should perhaps use original partition layout, instead of TeamDRH one. Sadly bad data is not good tbh.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New user, replying to this thread because I can't make a new post and I'm running into difficulties (big surprise, eh? ^^; ) Any advice/suggestions/tips would be greatly appreciated.

(Please be warned: I'm making an effort to understand the concepts, jargon, and assumed knowledge in this and other guides here, and I consider myself reasonably computer literate, but this task appears to be something that is both beyond my current experience and involves a device / OS / concepts that I haven't encountered before in my years of casual windows computer maintenance/troubleshooting. So I may be a little slow, or missing obvious steps in what I've tried so far.)

I have a Hannspree HSG1279, SN1AT71, that appears to be 'soft-bricked': it will turn on and the green Hannspree logo will load... and that is it. It just sits there. I've left it while I've gone to work, and when I come home: nothing.

I can access the Android system recovery <3e> menu*, by pressing the volume down button and the power button when I boot the tablet. I understand this to be recovery mode, even though I am pressing pressing vol - and power?

I do not appear able to access APX mode. I have repeatedly tried to start the tablet while it is plugged into my PC and while pressing the vol+ / power buttons . This does nothing. No new devices appear in device manager.

From my reading on this thread (and this forum, and elsewhere thanks to the power of search engines), there would appear to be three ways to restore my tablet to functionality:

a) using recovery data on the tablet;

b) putting new/default recovery data onto the tablet's internal memory and then using that recovery data on the tablet;

c) pulling recovery data stored on a PC via ADB.

Unfortunately, there appears to be no valid recovery data on the tablet. Utilizing the "wipe data / factory reset" option appears at first to succeed, but then when I reboot: nothing beyond the green screen.

When I connect the tablet via USB to my PC, I am unable to 'see' the tablet's internal storage. Further, in the absence of an attempted "update from ADB", I am also unable to get my PC to recognize the tablet, though it does charge when plugged in (or at least the charging image displays.) While I have an update.zip file ready to go, I appear to be unable to get it onto the sd, and therefore cannot utilize the advice provided in this guide.

Re: attempting to update from ADB, specifically when selecting the "sideload" option from the recovery menu and then plugging the tablet into my PC, I do get a Windows pop-up message for the device. It says "Windows Device did not shut down correctly", then disappears. Opening Device Manager, a new 'device' is listed: Unknown USB Device (Configuration Descriptor Request Failed). When I try to update the drivers, either via the windows default online search or via the manual routing to the APX USB folder, however, it claims:

"The best driver software for your device is already installed.

Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up-to-date.

USB Composite Device (or Unknown USB Device (Configuration Descriptor Request Failed))."

It could be that I am rubbish at figuring out how to actually sideload the update.zip via ADB, or I may even misunderstand how to install a program to enable my PC to access ADB. But my understanding from this instructional guide is that I should be able to install drivers for this tablet to enable me to drag/drop an update.zip straight to the sd of the tablet. And that doesn't seem to be possible, because of what looks like an unfixable driver error.

One other oddity: occassionally, when trying to turn on the tablet back into (recovery mode?), I will get to a stage that shows the Android robot with a spinning polyhedral and that underneath says "erasing" with a blue moving line. This only lasts a few second, then the tablet tries to reboot and hangs on the Hannspree logo.

I'm wondering if it isn't time to throw in the towel and bin the bloomin' device... but it is clearly functioning on some level, so that seems a waste... .

* My options are:

1.reboot system now

2.apply update from ADB

3.apply update from sdcard

4.wipe data/factory reset

5.wipe cache partition

6.wipe media partition

·
Super Moderator
1,190 Posts
I have a Hannspree HSG1279, SN1AT71, that appears to be 'soft-bricked': it will turn on and the green Hannspree logo will load... and that is it. It just sits there. I've left it while I've gone to work, and when I come home: nothing.
This should be easily fixed. Just follow this manual:

http://www.hannspree.eu/archiv/content_en/sn1at71___sop_update_with_sd_card_revisedv2.pdf

Or if that doesn't help see this post here http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/97618-hannspree-sn1at71/#entry1245978

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I've got 1279 model bricked (?)... it just has fallen down and digitizer broke. I've found it in my deep drawer after years and tried to fix it - digitizer has been changed, but before I stick id down completely, I'd like to make sure it works. Here my story begins.

Tablet started, but I've changed options to hardware acceleration in Developer section and since then it started to show error message (some chineese characters, probably most low level) - I had no idea if it's caused by 3D acceleration, or by faulty digitizer, so I've tried to restore it's factory settings, so Power + Volume Down = reset & additionaly wiping cache and media partition done = since then green logo shows and then endless Hannspree "shiny" inscription.

I've tried to follow procedure in this thread, but it's pretty unclear, which files refer to which archives. I must do something wrong, because start.bat script won't work claiming my tablet is not recognized, so "follow procedure here" (not found by the way).

Tried to get into APX mode and install drivers, but my Win10 x64 won't recognize drivers :/ Tried on old Vista x64 - the same.

Any clues ?

Thanks in advance for any clues !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys,

I know this is an old message trial, but still have Hannspad HSG1341 MT chipset MT8163, which is bricked and cannot power on after flashing with SP flash tool by replacing boot.img which was modified my magisk apk. please I need help to restore this pad, have some information that I need to extect from it. I have serval times with sp flash tool after downloading the stock firmware but keep getting error s_ft_enable_dram failed (4032)

Below is exactly what happened-

Pad was working ok and I wanted to root following a link a found to download magisk app that modifies the boot.img

I. then replaced the modified boot.img in the stock firmware

Opened sp flash tool and the DA file and the scatter.txt file

Select Format + Download

After flashing my pad would not turn on again

On trying the repeat above step with opining boot.img and selecting 'Preloader' option am now getting the s_ft_enable_dram_failed error and pad is completely dead not turning on

Any help will be appreciated

thanks

121 - 138 of 138 Posts