Android Tablets Forum banner
101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just wanted to say thanks to the developers on these forums - I have found them an invaluable source of advice since I bought my Hannspad in October 2011 and installed HannsTitan. I have now used these forums to restore the stock ROM on the tablet and have sold it. It's been a great piece of kit that I've used every day, and in many ways I'm sorry to see it go, but I've now bought a faster Toshiba tablet in replacement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem.
I solved it by putting the img-11, img-12 and img-13 files (renamed files trom the official stock rom)in the NVFlash folder.
I had to overwrite the img-11 filw, the other files didn't already exist in the nvflash-folder, so i think the lack of these files was the problem.
After that, the problem was solved.
hello mate

where is that stock room where i could get those files?
cant find it, i already got a head eight. pls help
cos i got exactly the same prob with black screen on at apx mode.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

I am having a problem with Hannspad Tablet in that it wont boot up. it gets stuck as some of the other posts state on the logo.

I am not a developer/techie and this is the only resource that appears to be useful on the internet for this. As a new member I have to post a number of replies before I can download anything. This is my first and once admin approves me for downloads I shall follow the instructions from the OP and let you know how I got on

Many Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi

A new member so not overly well up on this operating system (windows user mainly!)

First, very sorry if this is going over old ground but I have tried going through this thread and sorting this problem out but I keep hitting a brick wall!

I have a 'bricked' my Hannspad 1653 model.
It will not go into any recovery mode and if I press' power and vol plus' together the unit just stays blank. Prior to trying the 'fix' here it would go to the green Hannspad logo.

I have downloaded, installed and seperatly tried both the [Hannspad_Backup_Destroy] ZIP and the [Hannspad_Backup_Destroy_ICS] ZIP packages from the beginning of this thread.

I have been able to connect my unit to my laptop OK and believe this is what you refer to as the APX mode?

I have tried the install CWM option a number of times but nothing happens to allow me to access my 1653.

When I use the RunMe! Option with option 2 (Restore Hannspad to Stock) a number of things have happened.

I get to the part of the install where (part-12) (part-13) and (part-14) are missing (hangs at part-12 'cus it's missing!)

I have put (part-12) in the NVFlash File and then the reload fails because this file is too big!

If I now go to the hannsconf53 CFG file in the NVFlash File folder (that I am opening with WordPad) and change the id=12 file size to 8388608 to match the size of the (part-12) file the restore now fails to load any of the previously loaded files!
Ie it previously loaded everything up to (part-12) but now will not do that!
Changing the file size appears to be the solution given in this thread but it is not working for me for some reason.

The answer is probably there already but I am now completely confuzzzzzed!

Would appreciate any help here please....many thanks

For what it is worth (if it helps) I do have a back up of my original unit hence having access to parts 12 to 14 mentioned above

A day wasted and now getting very frustrated........

·
Registered
8 Posts

Hi

No replies yet to my post above for help on reactivating my current 'paper weight'

Any one able to offer some advice please?

What programme have you used when making these changes to the [hannsconf53 CFG] file?
Can you confirm exactly what you had to change please?
As above, completely stuck at the moment!

Thanks for any help provided

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I am trying to follow this guide, as I have just obtained a Hannspree Hanspad tablet (HSG1164), which is not booting. However, I am stuck when booting into Recovery Mode.

1. I have downloaded and extracted the 7-zip and Hannspad_Backup_Recover_Destroy files.
2. I booted into APX mode and installed the USB driver from APX USB folder.
3. APX device is now listed and can be ejected from 'safely remove hardware'.

However, when I then boot into Recovery Mode, I just get the Hannspree logo and no 'Recovery Key Detected', which is the next step mentioned in the guide. When in Recovery Mode, the device shows as 'unknown' and is not recognized. If I boot back into APX mode, the device is recognized again.

Can someone advise how to proceed to the Recovery Key stage?

·
Registered
8 Posts
You have tried VOL- instead of VOL+ ?
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I've tried this but VOL- only takes me back into APX mode again, as per the instructions on p1. VOL+ brings me to the Hannspree logo but no further. I've also tried both VOL- and VOL+ together but this doesn't work, so I cannot reach Recovery Mode and get to 'Recovery Key Detected'. I've even tried uninstalling the USB driver and starting again but the result is the same.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I advise you to go into APX mode again and proceed a full nvflash of stock (or TeamDRH nvflash, you can find it here: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/57226-rom-101-beta-dirty-bean-42x-team-drh-update-130613-kernel-3110/ )
Many thanks for your advice, which has overcome the problem. I now have my device back to stock. The next task is to get ICS installed. I checked Chiefwhosm's post on this (below) but I have a problem with point 2. My RunMe.bat file offers only four options, namely Backup, Restore, Install CWM and Destroy. Where is the Install ICS partitions option?

====================================

1. Grab the required partitions listed in the restoration guide and place them in the NVFlash folder.

2. In RunMe.bat choose to install the ICS partitions.

3. Power off your tablet and unplug the usb, power it back on into APX mode and install CWM.

4. Plug your tablet into your computer, use CWM to mount your usb storage space.

5. Copy the required roms files over to your usb storage space.

6. Use CWM to install the roms zip files.

7. Delete the cache,data reset, dalvik cache and then reboot into ICS.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Do not follow this tutorial, but instead the one in the link i gave you. FYI, NVFLASH can perform step 1 to 4, it depends on how it is configurated.

All should be ok, and you 'll end up with JB, because there are numerous partition differences between the files, you can't really dissociate nvflash stuff from rom flashing with TeamDRH builds (and others).

·
Registered
187 Posts
to enhance speed drastically:
- disable ZRAM
- remove auto brightness (and reboot the hannspad)

Also, you can choose w/e screen resolution you like in build.prop (120, 140, 160 dpi).

Once done, this is pretty usable, and to be honest, not so far than Stock rom

101 - 120 of 138 Posts