Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
The story is:While I was trying to unbrick my IRobot APad, I've ordered another one from merimobile.That's ttx they wrote on website:product APAD E7002/G10 Multitouch android 2.1 720MHz 1080p Gsensor Market +Free CaseCPU Telechips TCC8902 720MHz processorOS Android 2.1Memory 256MB Ram, 2GB Nandflash built inExtend Memory up to 32GB via micro SDReceived it yeasterday. You know what I got? Here the stats:CPU - Telechips TCC8900Memory - 150MB RamNandflash built in - 291 MBCrap( And they telling me, that some memory in in use, that's why I have 290 MB. lol.Been on product page on merimobile website today - I'm not alone, another customer (from US) was frauded also. And I live in Kazakhstan.Hope merimobiles will replace device(Some pisc of device:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Android System Info ver. 1.11.0 (just as present in Market) by ElectricSheepAndroid Hardware Info ver. 1.9 (from Market also) by Sleek AppsTried them on my Xperia X10 and they show just whaat they should - exact info.

·
Registered
784 Posts
You were not frauded. The seller is just not technical and has no idea ..1. Internal 291 MB is on the /data partition of your NAND. Remaining space in is /nand. Also, about 150MB is gone for Android OS.2. To see the remaining free space, plug the tablet into a PC with USB, and slide down notification bar, to mount internal storage on the PC.3. If you do not know how to slide the notification bar down, hold your finger on the top of the screen, and move it down.4. Great Succes!You can use ASTRO File Manager for example, to look in /nand also. (sdcard is in /sdcard)Or use adb shell df to see disk free space.Or use adb shell mount to see what is mounted where.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow! My RK2808 Apad was showing info different way. I really have 1.3 Gb in nand.Is there any way to see total of ram available? Because all apk say total ram is 148 mb. And I have only 38 free(

·
Registered
784 Posts
The android OS is using that ram, it's normal.From adb you can do cat /proc/meminfo, to see more details. Keep in mind, some ram is used for the hardware-h.264 decoder, and reserved at boot.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
[quote name='Asure;54336]The android OS is using that ram' date=' it's normal.From adb you can do cat /proc/meminfo, to see more details. Keep in mind, some ram is used for the hardware-h.264 decoder, and reserved at boot.[/QUOTE'] Asurecheers and thanks for the post, was (finally) able to use the adb commands as just got win7 64bit to recognise

·
Registered
3 Posts
That says you have 151MB total in the machine. It's same for others as well as myself, I only have 148MB in mine as well and running that util you did it is virtually the same.Merimobiles support is saying there is nothing wrong with these machines and this is obviously NOT true. They also claim the slate admins have proof this is not true, and I have as yet not even seen a post from the admins here posting otherwise. The manufacture seems to doing a blantant bait and switch and people are tying to cover it up.Slate admins if you have feedback in this it would be greatly appreciated. Merimobiles claims they have sent you additional devices to test.
Sazabi;54379]Thanks said:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Its all architecture of the chip, and drivers can report whatever they want.The only thing missing from the 8902 versus 8900 is 'LVDS'See here: TCC8900 / TCC8902LVDS is a high-speed video output for large video displays. HDMI has much better purpose in a consumer-device like a tablet ;)As for the RAM missing for userland/linux apps, it's being used for video, like a video card. HDMI and 720P video requires a bit of RAM to display, so they reserve it at boot for video. We can't compile kernels to lower the amount of video ram used, so no, it cannot be reclaimed for apps.

·
Registered
164 Posts
[quote name='Reynenstarfyre;63830]That says you have 151MB total in the machine. It's same for others as well as myself' date=' I only have 148MB in mine as well and running that util you did it is virtually the same.Merimobiles support is saying there is nothing wrong with these machines and this is obviously NOT true. They also claim the slate admins have proof this is not true, and I have as yet not even seen a post from the admins here posting otherwise. This is a blantant bait and switch and people are tying to cover it up.Slate admins if you have feedback in this it would be greatly appreciated. Merimobiles claims they have sent you additional devices to test.[/QUOTE']The missing memory is simply system reserved memory.For example the nexus one has 512mb total yet shows 217812 kB in memtotal my touch 3g has 192mb total but shows 97mb and so on and so on.You would REALLY notice if 2.1 was running on 151mb of ram.

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK if this is reserved memory then why does it not show up on any applications that shows total memory in the machine. Also let me explain what happened when I got mine. When I got this, the thing barely worked. 1: Speakers are broke2: Camera does not work right (most of the time its just a black screen)3: Gyro does not work right (applications can't even use it)4: Sound recorder barely works5: Machine just locks up6: The battery indicator doesn't work rightAdditionally I am told my device shipped with 2GB HD, however it show I only have about 150MB free. Are you telling me Android takes up almost 2GB of space?I tried to install a game that required 300MB and there was no room. I had to insert a SD card to even do anything. I've even had this looked at by third parties and they say this is a piece of crap.Merimobiles now whats to charge me a RESTOCKING fee if I get a refund.ARE THEY GOING TO SELL THIS BROKEN POS TO SOMEONE ELSE.Absolutely Ridiculous.

G

·
@Reynenstarfyre- because the system simply doesn't see more memory (even reserved) coz it is reserved in the time of kernel loading or sooner.- check size of /nand partition, it will be probably 1.3GB (if you have 2GB model), have a look at Asure's post #7 in this thread for the explanation.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Asure;63918]Its all architecture of the chip said:
TCC8900 / TCC8902[/url]LVDS is a high-speed video output for large video displays. HDMI has much better purpose in a consumer-device like a tablet ;)As for the RAM missing for userland/linux apps, it's being used for video, like a video card. HDMI and 720P video requires a bit of RAM to display, so they reserve it at boot for video. We can't compile kernels to lower the amount of video ram used, so no, it cannot be reclaimed for apps.
THANKS! That chart helps a LOT!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.