Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so does anybody possibly have a link or know of a good tutorial or how to video, of how to flash the new rom for this device. I can't really seem to get a direct answer out of previous threads. It's been mentioned and talked about but doesn't look like anyone actually delivered a link. I'm completely lost, know very little about Android, and the directions in the manual of how to flash new roms, when I read them aloud to myself, sounds like the person who wrote them had a stroke (just really bad translations). So please, any direction or help of any kind would be greatly appreciated.This is the package I'm using that I found in a previous thread: M701.rar - 115网络U盘-我的网盘|免费网络硬盘

·
Registered
784 Posts
I'm a bit on vacation right now, but it's similar to the X5A. You just need to figure out how to enter FWDN flash mode on your device.- Needs XP32 as far as i know- Power off the device, unplug USB and plug in power adapter cord.- Press & Hold a button combination. (On X5A you press & keep holding finger on touchscreen and then press and hold power.)- When the upgrade mode is active, the christmas/i love you screen stays on screen constantly- At this stage, you start the FWDN tool on the pc. do not plug in USB yet!- Set up the tool. Add LK.ROM first, then add MTD.IMG file.- Plug in the USB cord. A new device will be detected, install the supplied driver for it.- FWDN will say something like 'INIT DEVICE' and that screen will then go away.- Left click on the partition bar on the right, add a fat partition for the remaining space.- Click start.If it fails at the MTD image, this is normal, new roms have different partition sizes.- Unplug the tablet, wait a few seconds, and plug it back in. Now it will flash if you click start.- If it still fails, power off (on HSG X5A we can press the reset button.) and power on in FWDN mode again (hold the button combination for your tablet.)Take a screenshot or write down the device serial if you flash the first time. If you wipe the rom completely by accident, this serial will also be gone! (but if you have it stored, you can re-create it later somewhere in the options, and flash again.)If you flash a bad rom, or a rom for a different device, symptoms are a non-working touchscreen, or non-working display, all white. On X5A you can then set a switch inside the unit, and recover from that again, by using FWDN boot mode. (same as before, just set it up, and connect USB when in the USB recovery mode.)If you find out (or know) the button combination for this device, let us know in this thread please. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
[quote name='Asure;51568]If you find out (or know) the button combination for this device' date=' let us know in this thread please. Thanks![/QUOTE'] For the m701 (haipad/g10/red led with no home button) there are a few ways to get fwdn working:
  • turn off switch (make sure power adapter is plugged in)
  • plug in usb to pc
  • hold menu button (button with home icon)
  • turn on switch
  • assuming your fwdn drivers are installed then fwdn will probe the device
another way is similar but more complicated:
  • make sure device is powered off with power adapter plugged in
  • turn switch on
  • press and hold power button then press & hold menu button
  • keep holding until the device does not go past the boot screen
  • plug in usb to pc
  • fwdn should probe the device
If you're have problems with fwdn showing blank window while probing or similar problems:
  • If you have a digital camera (I have a sanyo c40) or device with removable storage (NOT another android device) plug it in the the computer and mount/unmount the storage if fwdn gets stuck (needs more testing)
  • try different mini usb cables
I managed to upgrade to #370 from #316 when I was mounting/un-mounting my sd card from my camera. I guess fwdn needed a reminder that it's trying to do its job . . .EDIT: the second method works better. The first method keeps booting past the boot screen.EDIT: BTW, I had to do the Market fix for #370 with the emulator/adb method.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.