Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just updated my Gome Flytouch last night to 1.9_88. I tried transferring a .mkv, .avi, and .mp4 video but none of them seems to play, I just hear the audio but no video. Is there something wrong? Do I have to revert to the old firmware? Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm having this problem as well. Tried multiple converters but to no avail.Tried converting my vids to 400x240, mp4avc-h264, 300k bitrate etc. But still get that "1 frame per 3secs" video problem. Audio is fine.Anyone successfully converted for ePad?

·
Registered
143 Posts
[quote name='Ignite;51382]I'm having this problem as well. Tried multiple converters but to no avail.Tried converting my vids to 400x240' date=' mp4avc-h264, 300k bitrate etc. But still get that "1 frame per 3secs" video problem. Audio is fine.Anyone successfully converted for ePad?[/QUOTE']No luck here either. I've also tried using both the Rock Player and YXFlash, both of which are supposed to play multiple file types but neither work (possibly they need 2.1 or higher?).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One main reason I bought the ePad is because of movies and I'm kinda discouraged that it only plays the Test movie file provided. Hope somebody will drop the right settings for converting and the best software for doing it. I have my Motorola Milestone 2.1 and no problem with Rock Player playing Avi files. I wonder why it wont play on the ePad..

·
Registered
409 Posts
Papay;51537 said:
One main reason I bought the ePad is because of movies and I'm kinda discouraged that it only plays the Test movie file provided. Hope somebody will drop the right settings for converting and the best software for doing it. I have my Motorola Milestone 2.1 and no problem with Rock Player playing Avi files. I wonder why it wont play on the ePad..
Dude, Motorola use Cortex 550Mhz CPU opposite your old ARM 350Mhz. Cortex support video codecs by hardware and how you compare? And how much cost your Milestone and this China PAD - you think why?

·
Registered
40 Posts
have you try 3gp? it's work for me, and for mp4 file i converted with mobile media converter in kubuntu just work fine for my epad

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dude, Motorola use Cortex 550Mhz CPU opposite your old ARM 350Mhz. Cortex support video codecs by hardware and how you compare? And how much cost your Milestone and this China PAD - you think why?
Yup, this flytouch is like 4-5 times cheaper than my Milestone. What you pay is what you get, but I have little china mp4 players that's way too cheaper than this epad and I'm sure the hardware is slow but it plays divx with no problems.
have you try 3gp? it's work for me, and for mp4 file i converted with mobile media converter in kubuntu just work fine for my epad
I'll try it, thanksAnybody knows the max resolution and bitrate for movies to play? Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is starting to suck, so ePad is like bad for movies. In case I have a successful conversion, will the video be running smooth with no lags?

·
Registered
143 Posts
[quote name='bnorontako;51600]have you try 3gp? it's work for me' date=' and for mp4 file i converted with mobile media converter in kubuntu just work fine for my epad[/QUOTE']Downloaded and tried 3GP. It converts files ok (using the Android G1 as type) but they won't play on my tablet.The only thing that plays is the Discovery Channel mp4 test clip that is pre-installed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
for mp4 try to reduce video to 320x240, surely it will work. for 3gp try to resize video too cif or qcif its work for me
Thanks, i'll try with this resolutions. I wonder if the bitrate will affect the playback.. Thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts
Download free video converter and use the setting android medium quality, save it as mp4 and it will work. That is what i do on my flytouch and it always worked. Just be sure to use 420 as the maximum width.

·
Registered
20 Posts
[quote name='kiarov;52833]Download free video converter and use the setting android medium quality' date=' save it as mp4 and it will work. That is what i do on my flytouch and it always worked. Just be sure to use 420 as the maximum width.[/QUOTE'] Thanks for the recommendation. I tried the "Free Video Converter" but there isn't any "Android" profile to choose from. Only iPod and iPhone, Web Flash and Youtube. Anyway, tried it but still doesn't play. Can only play audio with jerky 5-sec/frame video.Guess I'll have to continue to search for an answer

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use winff or if you are on linux ffmpeg. It has an android setting when you download that worked fine for me. I did eek out a bit better performance by playing with a custom setting. When I go home I will post the setting string.

·
Registered
58 Posts
ooh... I might give that a try. I have had zero luck getting video files to play. Sent from my generic using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
jhdeval;55477 said:
I use winff or if you are on linux ffmpeg. It has an android setting when you download that worked fine for me. I did eek out a bit better performance by playing with a custom setting. When I go home I will post the setting string.
Here is the setting string I promised. Simply copy this into a new setting in WinFF and it helps keep the audio in sync. The video quality is a little worse but the audio stays in sync so its a toss.-s 480x320 -vcodec mpeg4 -b 480k -acodec libfaac -ac 1 -ar 16000 -r 13 -ab 32000 -aspect 3:2

·
Registered
205 Posts
[quote name='Ignite;55460]Thanks for the recommendation. I tried the "Free Video Converter" but there isn't any "Android" profile to choose from. Only iPod and iPhone' date=' Web Flash and Youtube. Anyway, tried it but still doesn't play. Can only play audio with jerky 5-sec/frame video.Guess I'll have to continue to search for an answer [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE'] I'm using the following specifications and video renders smoothly on my flytouch (sometime the image freeze for 1 second or so but it continues playback quickly):1 - On free video converter V2.7.0.0 go to the button on outputo format that says "presets" ---> Mobile phone ---> Android phone medium quality.2 - Once you selected that set codec to "MPEG-4", Size: "480x320", Aspect: "16:9", FPS: "25", Bitrate: "350".3 - Click on convert, and then copy to your device.I never had problems with this settings.Regards.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts