Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This procedure got my M2 3G working properly. I can use Wifi and 3G now.

Please note. This is not my work. All credit goes to Paul at TNT. He gave me permission to post this here. So hopefully if anyone is having problems this might help you.

For "standard" flashing process (STOCK ROM and some custom ROM's)

If you go to stock you will need to change the language from Chinese
Press Settings (from Homescreen top right corner 2 x 3 squares OR sometimes from the Dockbar)
Press Settings & Scroll down to and touch the "A" symbol
Touch the top option on the Right Hand Screen and select your language as required from the drop down (swipe/scroll up or down for more language options)

1) The RKBatchtool should be run up firstly and the relevant .img file selected.

2) Turn off tablet.

3) Connect the USB - Mini/Micro USB cable to your PC - don't connect to your tablet yet.

4) Press and hold the Volume + button (this seems to change with each new tablet/manufacturer so it is sometimes the Volume -)

5) Connect the USB to your Tablet in the USB port, not the Host port. It should now boot up.

6) Wait for the tablet to be recognised in the RKBatchtool.

7) It should turn Green - if it does - select upgrade and wait for process to complete. Then exit and give the tablet about 5-10 mins to reboot.

7a) If it doesn't turn Green (ie Pink or Yellow) try simply pressing the "Switch" button within the RKBatchTool and see if it turns Green.

(Mine was yellow. Turned out I hadn't correctly installed the driver. See Roman's guide for details. Edit by demag.)

7b) If it does so now - select upgrade and wait for process to complete. Then exit and give the tablet about 5-10 mins to reboot.

For Decontaminate ROM

The process is slightly different as this is based on CWM (Cyanogen) rather than typing out all the instructions it would be, hopefully, just as easy to follow the guide on Flash My Android.

Personally i would be trying the Decontaminate ROM, from the forums it seems that the 3G on this firmware has been fixed (it initially didn't work) and brings the additional benefits of custom build.prop (where they "trick" Google Play store into believing it is a different device) which improves App/Game compatibility and usually the removal of Chinese bloatware.

Whichever ROM/method you decide to try when it comes to setting up the 3G there are a few things you need to do.

Install Process - How To Set Up 3G

You will need a Standard 3G SIM card (not a 2G SIM) - a micro SIM should work with the relevant adapter
Tablet turned OFF

Pipo Tablets - With the tablet screen facing up SIM should be inserted so you can see the metal "contacts" as it goes in (it will only fit in one direction)

Other Manufacturers - SIM card orientation may be different.

Turn tablet ON
Go to:

Settings (from Homescreen top right corner 2 x 3 squares OR sometimes from the Dockbar)
Settings
More
Mobile Networks
Network Operators (choose a network operator)

It should now look for networks Automatically and once it picks it up should take you back to the "Mobile network settings" OR you may need to press "Search Networks/Select automatically"

If it doesn't you may need to REBOOT the tablet and repeat step (5)

Now you need to set up the Access Point Names (APN)

These entries are Case Sensitive (eg capital's/lowercase must be typed exactly as you have been informed).

We recommend that you contact your Mobile Network Operator for the correct settings (tell them you have a Google Nexus 7 or Samsung Tablet) as the information from the internet is proving to be:

Incorrect or Inaccurate or Incomplete

Click Access Point Names (in Mobile network settings) - you should find some pre-populated (these may or may not work). This will be a good indication that

You have a 3G SIM or
You have inserted the SIM correctly or
If you don't see any options that there is a problem

To create your own APN click on the "3 Squares" in top right hand corner and select NEW APN

Go down each setting and enter the information given to you by your mobile network provider

Once you have entered all the information it will create a new APN which you can then select by touching the circle on the right hand side (it will fill with a blue dot)

Make sure the 3G Modem is turned ON (it should be ticked "ON" by default)

IF NOT you will probably have to first turn the WiFi OFF to be able to put the tick in the box (you can turn WiFi back on afterwards)

To use 3G rather than WiFi you will need to turn the WiFi OFF

Settings (from Homescreen top right corner 2 x 3 squares OR sometimes from the Dockbar)
Settings
WiFi Off/On slider

Reset APN's

Sometimes the APN's get corrupted. If this happens it will be necessary to reset you APN's back to stock.

Please remove the SIM card, reboot or turn on the tablet
Go to:

Settings
More
Mobile Networks
Access Point Names

Press the 3 Squares in top right corner and select

Restore defaults (it should take a little while to reset everything)

Turn tablet OFF
Repeat Install Process

(When I rebooted with the stock rom I inserted my 3G sim and it was immediately found and configured automatically. I didn't have to set the Apn's up it just worked. Edit by demag)

For anyone who's struggling with this tablet I hope this might be of some help.

·
Registered
137 Posts
wonderful post demag..

by the way which rom are u on now? how does decontaminate v 3.0 compare with the TNT version 2 as both are based on latest 073h 20121108? what are the advantages of one over other?

am planning to flash one over the weekend..not sure which one?

also how to get back to stock rom if there is problem with these roms?

any idea how to do a hard reset?

·
Registered
37 Posts
if you flash another firmware, you cannot hard reset anything.
if you want go back to stock firmware, you have to re-flash it.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
by the way which rom are u on now? how does decontaminate v 3.0 compare with the TNT version 2 as both are based on latest 073h 20121108? what are the advantages of one over other?
The TNT v2 rom IS based on 1108 stuff which is the latest. I haven't test it yet (because I don't have an M2 3G) to test on so some feedback on that thred would be nice

Regards,

Roman

PS. - I think we are now building firmware for well more tablets than we sell! Really trying to support the community here!

·
Registered
137 Posts
i followed all the above steps with usb debug ticked,,but unable to install the driver..says device cant start code 10..

if debug is off then it does not try to install the driver when connected and it shows only in device manager as usb device H.

how to install the drivers now?

also if i follow romans tutorial(with usb debug on..if off it does no try to install driver to show error screen shown before step 6 on roman tut) after the step no 19,,,it shows lots of devices including rk 27 rk 28 etc and then i select rk 30 and try to install and it comes up with end message of device did not start error...

mine is w7 64 bit..so am unble to install driver to make device seen in the rk batch tool..

·
Registered
137 Posts
ok able to do it...as follows in my popo m2 max 3G

ran the rk batch tool from TNT version 1.5 and selected the TNT firmware version 2 then

1 usb debug off..
2 did soft reset(pin in hole behind)
3 switched tablet off
4 connected usb cable to computer (tablet stil not connected)
5 pressed volme - button and simultaneously connected the min usb port to the tablet

it said installing device driver software and installed driver correctly for rk30!

now the button on the rk tool is green!

done..updated to tnt firmware version 2 for the max 3G!!..

will get back after putting the sd card and the sim..

·
Registered
137 Posts
ok..working fine..there is one chinese app there whats that roman?

put in the strontium 32 GB sd card calss 10 and it shows up with 30 GB left.

put in my 3G sim card and it connect to the 3G network..

so no issues with this TNT rom as far as sd card and 3g sim goes as expected (stock rom 1108)

roman any idea if this built-prop by antani is better? http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/41473-how-to-guide-mod-all-you-need-to-know-on-pipo-m3-3g/

will it work on the pipo m2 max 3g and if so how to make a back up of ur built-prop and change to this build prop?

will follow up on all this later tonight

thanks roman and TNT..

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
ok..working fine..there is one chinese app there whats that roman?

also the asus widget is not workng..any idea ow to make it work or i need to uninsatall it?

put in the strontium 32 GB sd card calss 10 and it shows up with 30 GB left.

put in my 3G sim card and it connect to the 3G network..

so no issues with this TNT rom as far as sd card and 3g sim goes as expected (stock rom 1108)

roman any idea if this built-prop by antani is better? http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/41473-how-to-guide-mod-all-you-need-to-know-on-pipo-m3-3g/

will it work on the pipo m2 max 3g and if so how to make a back up of ur built-prop and change to this build prop?

will follow up on all this later tonight

thanks roman and TNT..
It looks like he just tacked on some additional tweaks to my existing build.prop. I have used these tweaks in the past on other devices and they don't seem to make much difference to me and I prefer to leave things mostly alone
lest I break something. I am not sure how all of these affect the system, I never noticed much difference, so I stopped including them. However, you are welcome to give them a go. None of the ADDED code is specific to any particular device. So, you can just copy and paste the code to the end of the build.prop already on your device and reset and you are done if you want to try them out.

So...

You can go to system/build.prop using root explorer (make sure to set to read/write mode) and you can click it. Copy and paste these lines to the end of your build.prop file if you want his tweaks:

Code:
<br />
#better scrolling<br />
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=300<br />
ro.max.fling_velocity=12000<br />
ro.min.fling_velocity=8000  <br />
<br />
#battery save<br />
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=1<br />
ro.mot.eri.losalert.delay=1000  <br />
pm.sleep_mode=1<br />
<br />
#video accelaration and hw debug<br />
debug.performance.tuning=1<br />
video.accelerate.hw=1  <br />
<br />
#faster streaming<br />
media.stagefright.enable-meta=true<br />
media.stagefright.enable-record=false  <br />
<br />
#net speed<br />
net.tcp.buffersize.default=6144,87380,1048576,6144,87380,524288<br />
net.tcp.buffersize.wifi=524288,1048576,2097152,524288,1048576,2097152<br />
net.tcp.buffersize.umts=6144,87380,1048576,6144,87380,524288<br />
net.tcp.buffersize.gprs=6144,87380,1048576,6144,87380,524288<br />
net.tcp.buffersize.edge=6144,87380,524288,6144,16384,262144<br />
net.tcp.buffersize.hspa=6144,87380,524288,6144,16384,262144<br />
net.tcp.buffersize.lte=524288,1048576,2097152,524288,1048576,2097152<br />
net.tcp.buffersize.hsdpa=6144,87380,1048576,6144,87380,1048576<br />
net.tcp.buffersize.evdo_b=6144,87380,1048576,6144,87380,1048576<br />
Reset your device and you are done. I don't recommend copying his build.prop in it's entirety as that was from my firmware for the M3 WiFi, not for the M2. Better to just add the tweaks to your existing M2 build.prop.

Regards,

Roman

·
Registered
137 Posts
ok thanks roman..ur version 2 TNT rom for the pipo max m2 is superb..i definitely would recommend others (lazyboy, desmondo, withoutme, demag and others on stock rom to try it..

will add on the prop work maybe later..

thanks for prompt reply

any feedback on this rom versus the CMW with decontaminate 3,0?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mkh, thank you for your suggestion. Anyway i would like to give a comment here.
My tablet is already rooted, i have unistalled chinese bloatware and i do not play games, so gameloft fix is not a deal maker.
Moreover, it seems i could add few lines to build prop by myself, without flashing a new firmware.

Considering those points, which should be the real advantage in using TNT2? mkh, which differences did you notice that, so far, push you to say TNT2 is superb?

Edit: In the end i installed it, let's give it a try! : L)

Thank you Roman!

·
Registered
137 Posts
ok lazyboy..maybe ur correct..

percieved advantages..

1 2GB ram for apps(i think this can also be done without this rom)
2 i shall do some gaming..so maybe gameloft compatibility helps..
3 app compatibility and better market access as shi777..notsure what it means

mine was not rooted..i had read ur post on rootin with tpsparky and was not sure about it as a noobie..u had to copy su user manually..and i had trouble in installing the drivers as u can see..

came to know about built prop modification only from the above post..

compared to stock rom i find it..
1 no chinese apps
2 rooted
3 no hanging of browser or touch lag which i had occassionally before

other than that no other difference i can make out as i had no problems anyway with sd or 3G before in stock rom..

anyways since we have a copy of the dsh973h 20121108 if any problem can alway re flash to stock firmware

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello,
Sorry for late post been working 12 hour nightshifts!
I'm running the stock rom now. I manually deleted 3 or 4 Chinese apps. 3G just worked when I booted up for the 1st time and wifi worked on the TNT v1 rom and also this rom so that wasn't a problem.

To be honest with Android I just like to use stock because it does everything I want. Early this year I bought an HTC desire from the bay which I thought was stock. However, when I booted it I found it was running Cyanogen 7 and I didn't like it. So I downloaded a stock rom and flashed it back and to me it was like a different phone, so much better. Now when I bought an iPhone the first thing I did was jailbreak it, simply because the amount of control Apple seemed to be exerting on users annoyed me. As far as I am concerned when I buy a phone/tablet it's mine. Money changed hands and I took ownership and am free to do what I want with it. I don't want the manufacturer saying you can't do this or that. Hence why I use Linux on my pc and Android on my phones and tablets.

·
Registered
137 Posts
roman how to increase the "TXpower" in the build.prop file?
This should give more power to the wifi transmitter and get better signal.

·
Registered
137 Posts
antani/roman can u tell me the lines to add for tweaking the build prop to increase txpower?..i think i need to to this as i have problems with getting wifi in the next room on my pipo m2 max..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Correct

And I have to say I noticed some little improvements running those tweaks, expecially in UI and browser. The device seems less laggy.

Are you sure about that?

PS: Waiting for Roman to finally release a firmware for M3 3G as well.. Sorry for asking mate
Yep, it is what i read somewhere on the web. Feel free to check! : )

1 - 18 of 18 Posts