Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Skip to guide if you don't want the back story.

Introduction : Hello, a few days ago I saw a thread ( on XDA by Dvalin21 ) that asked how to get Caligo Chaser and Order & Chaos working on the G-tablet.
I never heard of Order & Chaos before that even though I was playing Pocket Legends & Star Legends, because writing Mmorpg in the Market (on Flashback) on the G-Tablet didn't show it.

So I went on google and wrote Order & Chaos G-tablet, found a thread on XDA with a hacked APK , one of the last posts was a link to a thread with a way to get it to work without a hacked APK.
I didn't try the hacked APK, I went straight to the other thread and tried that method because I wanted to buy the game legally and be able to update it.
My G-tablet was running Flashback Honeycomb 8.0 , but it didn't work (I think because that rom uses the market version 1). I tried installing market 2.3.6 but it kept saying my google account was already tied to the tablet (even after uninstalling the other market).

Then I went back to my other favorite rom (brilliant corners) since I knew it had the 2.3.6 market installed, this time it worked.

Guide

This trick to get Order & Chaos was not found by me, thank Lord_Kaizer @ XDA forums. It tricks the market into thinking the G-Tablet is a LG Optimus 2X.

I have tried this on Flashback 8.0 unsuccessfully, it worked on Brilliant Corners 1.3.1, if it works on another rom please post a comment.

Assuming you have Brilliant Corners 1.3.1 , you need to get a program from the market called Root Explorer.
In Root Explorer browse to the system folder, click Mount R/W, long press on build.prop ; scroll down and click Open in Text Editor.

Erase the following text:

ro.product.model=Brilliant Corners
ro.product.brand=nvidia
ro.product.name=olympus
ro.product.device=olympus
ro.product.board=olympus

Paste the following text where the other text used to be:

ro.product.model=Optimus 2X
ro.product.model.internal=
ro.product.brand=lge
ro.product.name=lge_star
ro.product.device=p990
ro.product.board=p990

Press the menu button on the G-Tablet ( between Home and Back ), press Save & Exit. Reboot the G-tablet.
Go to the market place and Order&Chaos should now be buyable and functional.

-------------

If you still can't install it, you might have to wipe market data. but I'm not sure because it worked for me so I didn't have to do this. If that still doesn't work, Nvflash back to stock with CWM, repartition, install BC , wipe user data / dalvik , pretty sure it will work then.

-------------

Tips

1. The first time I ran the game (after it had downloaded the 600mb or so of files) it was very slow (5-15 fps). I got a app from the market called Advanced Task killer, killed everything , ran order and chaos ; no more lag(25+ fps at least).
2. Sometimes when you start the game all the menus are black , sometimes you can restart the game, sometimes you need to reboot the G-tablet.
3. I noticed that the "Alliance" (humans + elfs) on the 3 servers I tried were dead population wise (don't take my word for it, might be just the time at which I play), but the "Horde" had lots of people.
4. @ Dvalin21 on XDA : about Caligo Chaser, it did work in Flashback 8.0, but I didn't reinstall it in BC 1.3.1 because it wasn't my type of game, but it probably works.

Edit: Good Links for noobs like me:

Wiki Guides ; http://orderandchaosonline.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Guide
Wiki FAQ ; http://orderandchaosonline.wikia.com/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions
Tips ; http://onlinegames-forum.gameloft.com/index.php?topic=16630.0
Forum ; http://onlinegames-forum.gameloft.com/index.php?c=5#36

·
Registered
540 Posts
Kevin,

You rock, thanks a bunch, Im going to try this this weekend. But also, I found in another forum and thread that changing the dpi to 160, will allow for full Market. Do you think you can test this theory with the old build.prop? Thanks again!!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Kevin,

You rock, thanks a bunch, Im going to try this this weekend. But also, I found in another forum and thread that changing the dpi to 160, will allow for full Market. Do you think you can test this theory with the old build.prop? Thanks again!!!!
Hi Dvalin21, no problem. Yes I will try tomorrow on a stock Brilliant Corners ( I have 2 google accounts ), will see if it says Device not supported.

Edit: Btw I have SetCPU @ Min 456mHz Max 1400mHz makes android really smooth, probably helps with the FPS in the game too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, had some stuff to do. I tried changing the DPI but I couldn't see order & chaos.
Can anyone confirm how well this game runs on the G-Tablet, and give more info on it (ie Graphic, sound, or scaling/touch issues)? I would be willing to purchase this one and give it a try next weekend possibly, if it truly runs full screen and with the touch controls in the right place. Also wondering if you really do get all of the updates, etc. I have Flashback 8.1 on my G-Tablet, not sure if that matters. I'm also wondering what changing the build.prop info would do to the market or anything else with the tablet, as I have a TON of games and apps installed, and I don't want to make changes that could affect anything negatively.

Also, I have the Acer Iconia Tab a500 version of "Asphalt 6", and it runs like a charm. I'm wondering if O&C was downloaded from Gameloft's store instead of the Google market, how that might affect things as well (I'm guessing the build.prop still has to be modified, because of Gamelofts blocking unsupported devices). Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
since i can't start a topic yet, i'll post here.

i've playing oac for a month now on my gtab.

i liked the damn thing so much, i've quit wow Oo....

the thing is, I was able to install and run it, without messing with build.prop.

here's the deal:

before anything else, create an account on gameloftlive - its essential.

1. go to gameloftsite.

2. click on smartphone games

3. click on buy order/chaos

4. on carrier, select tmobile

5. on manufacturer, select lg

6. on model, select optimus star x2

here's the catch, you won't be able to get the game via market, but they'll send a link to download it to the email you registered on ur gameloftlive acc.

follow the link, download, install and have fun.

·
Registered
40 Posts
since i can't start a topic yet, i'll post here.

i've playing oac for a month now on my gtab.

i liked the damn thing so much, i've quit wow Oo....

the thing is, I was able to install and run it, without messing with build.prop.

here's the deal:

before anything else, create an account on gameloftlive - its essential.

1. go to gameloftsite.

2. click on smartphone games

3. click on buy order/chaos

4. on carrier, select tmobile

5. on manufacturer, select lg

6. on model, select optimus star x2

here's the catch, you won't be able to get the game via market, but they'll send a link to download it to the email you registered on ur gameloftlive acc.

follow the link, download, install and have fun.
Do you get the updates automatically still this way? I know they just released another dungeon, my main concern is that after paying or subbing, I had read that they were blocking unsupported devices. I'm very curious to check it out! Thanks for the post!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you get the updates automatically still this way? I know they just released another dungeon, my main concern is that after paying or subbing, I had read that they were blocking unsupported devices. I'm very curious to check it out! Thanks for the post!
dunno, all i can say is that im playing on update 2.

as far as I know, u couldnt play on it with an unsupported device.

btw, im running brilliant corners.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I had originally bought it for my SGS and played it on there. Once I got the gTablet, I was able to download it from the marketplace (after making the build.prop changes). The build.prop changes need to be in place for it to download the additional files needed. Once you're able to log in and get to the main screen, it plays great.

I was able to revert my build.prop back to the original (Vegan-Tab 7.1 GE) settings and still play. No problems starting it back up and playing. Everything seems to play quite smooth for me. Game play is definitely much better on a tablet.

When the update came out for the dungeon, I had to switch build.prop files again so it could download the additional files again, but that was just a quick file change (I saved it as a separate file so I can switch build.props as needed).

I'd love to have other Gameloft games on my gTablet. Seems like it is hit-or-miss on quite a few of them, especially based on which ROM is installed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts