Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
HP Touchpad is almost un-brickable unless you really want to make it a "Paper weight", that is what I read and believed but that is a worst case scenario, If it acts weird and does not respond what one should do. Here are some simple steps you can do to reboot/restore your TP. I would encourage everyone to register your account with webOS and download "HP webOS Doctor" on your PC/Laptop ASAP. These solutions are based on how severe is the problem:

Soultion # 1 (Restart)
Press and hold the power button and the center button simultaneously for approx. 10 seconds. Once it turns off,
press the power again to turn it back on.

Solution # 2 (Reboot)
Plug it in to PC
Open webos quick install
Click tools > command line
type "reboot" and hit enter

Solution # 3 (Factory Reset)
Log in your webOS account on your computer and download "HP webOS Doctor" it will reset your device in less tan 15 minutes.
All instruction will be showed on screen, very very user's friendly.

Lot of people might want to reset or restore their TP before going for "Android Port" as it will available in the near future.

·
Registered
34 Posts
HP Touchpad is almost un-brickable unless you really want to make it a "Paper weight", that is what I read and believed but that is a worst case scenario, If it acts weird and does not respond what one should do. Here are some simple steps you can do to reboot/restore your TP. I would encourage everyone to register your account with webOS and download "HP webOS Doctor" on your PC/Laptop ASAP. These solutions are based on how severe is the problem:

Soultion # 1 (Restart)
Press and hold the power button and the center button simultaneously for approx. 10 seconds. Once it turns off,
press the power again to turn it back on.

Solution # 2 (Reboot)
Plug it in to PC
Open webos quick install
Click tools > command line
type "reboot" and hit enter

Solution # 3 (Factory Reset)
Log in your webOS account on your computer and download "HP webOS Doctor" it will reset your device in less tan 15 minutes.
All instruction will be showed on screen, very very user's friendly.

Lot of people might want to reset or restore their TP before going for "Android Port" as it will available in the near future.
I check in here often to see if there's anything new and though there may not seem to be alot going on you are constantly giving out bit of information that I find very helpful. When the Touchpad takes off and it will I'll consider you one of the "original" pioneers
+1 to you

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@bearbuck
Thanks for the kind words. We all are waiting for the "Android Port for Touchpad". I try to update as often as I can but honestly not much going on right now. But when the Android Port will be released it will be a different story. I hope it will be soon. Technology changes very very quickly and people started loosing interest in Touchpad already, so lets just hope for good and soon.
Thanks again and Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts