Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Hand That Smites
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not the author of this guide. All credit goes chowdarygm.

Galaxy Tab - ****Noob Rooting Guide****
Rooting Guide for Noobs

Disclaimer: The application is made by CLShortFuse and i am just creating a guide to root your Tab

Prerequisites:

1) Kies Software downloaded from HERE and installed and Tab connected even once
2) USB debugging enabled
3) SuperOnceClick downloaded from HERE

and a Galaxy tab

Process:
1) Connect your galaxy tab with debugging mode disabled and sync with Kies even once
2) Disconnect it and enable debugging mode from Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging
3) Connect the tab again to PC and click on home button so that Tab comes out of Kies connection
4) Launch SuperOneClick.exe
5) Click on root and wait for 5-10 Mins

and the Tab is rooted........

Note:
I have tried unrooting the device and rooting it again and this is not working. so this is to let you know that you will have to reflash the firmware to root the device if you unroot it again using this software and try to root until some one finds a solution

·
Registered
4 Posts
Let me add, another "noob" option (but not possible for all firmwares I believe) it's the application z4root that you can find here.
For what I read (correct me if I'm mistaken), the "SuperOneClick.exe" option in the post above is working in all known firmwares.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Noob here, and after some digging around I found that the zroot works perfect for the wifi only model. Not sure about the 3G models.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have not been able to egt Z4root to work on a Verizon 3g US model. I have trired everything. Downloading straid to SD card from Freewarelovers. Using a freshly formatted blank sd card...downloading to pc then trasnferring to sd card. Anyone has any other ideas, please let me know...Z4root is the best.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just returned from Korea where I picked up a very cheap Galaxy Tab 7 (M180S) the equivalent to a P-1000 international model, but it apears a little different at the lower layers.

I am trying to get Root on this device and have had no luck. I have tried Super One Click, Heimdall, and Z4 all with no luck.

Any tips out there on how to achieve this? I am confident to get low level and do it manually if required. I have ADB, Odin and original firmware tarball so can restore if it all goes horribly wrong!!!

Model is SHW-M180S( Firmware is Gingerbread U27

I really need root!!! and I also want to put on a custom recovery (CWM or alternate) so any advice on that much apreciated too. Along with tips for CM7 or CM9 or another good custom ROM although this Korean device may be a little difficult to get ROMS for perhaps (maybe I should have bought locally eh? price is not everything!!)

Thanks in advance
pies

1 - 9 of 9 Posts