Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Im getting my hannspad later this week, just looking at what ROMs i can install. Using Dolphine's guide... i am going to install the following:
1 - ClockWorkMod Recovery v4.0.1.4 (CWM)
2 - GtabComb Beta 3.3 OR FlashBack 7.2
3 - ab_kernel4 Alpha 6 (With Headphone Jack Fix)

But the only worry is that for both gtabcomb and flashback, ive heard that there r bugs, such as getting stuck on the logo screen and a problem with flash.

Can someone tell me if these problems happen on both gtabcomb and flashback? Which one is better and why? Also am i missing something for the above?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just +1 for Gtabcomb.
I have tested all available Roms on my Hanns for 2-3 days and for me Gtabcomb 3.3 with the latest AB Kernel is the best.
Never had any problems with standby or Wlan. Running fast and smoothly on 1400 Mhz for 2 weeks now.
Never had any freezes. Flashplayer works great with Opera.

So I would recommand Gtabcom

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just +1 for Gtabcomb.
I have tested all available Roms on my Hanns for 2-3 days and for me Gtabcomb 3.3 with the latest AB Kernel is the best.
Never had any problems with standby or Wlan. Running fast and smoothly on 1400 Mhz for 2 weeks now.
Never had any freezes. Flashplayer works great with Opera.

So I would recommand Gtabcom
Thanks Mikaole

Just the standby issue and for it freezing on the hannspree logo the main worry for me

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah I'm using the same as mikaole, I had a problem with it permanently stuck on the Hannspree logo (after I installed the custom rom) but I'm certain that was my due to my own error. I thought the tablet had locked up when I rebooted it after completing the setup (it just takes a long time to boot the first time you install a custom rom), so I manually turned it off then back on which I think was a very bad idea.

Recovered the tablet and did it 'properly' this time and had no problems at all.

If it's reassurance you want I think it's virtually impossible to brick an Android device as long as you don't do something really stupid. It will almost always be recoverable back to stock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I'm using the same as mikaole, I had a problem with it permanently stuck on the Hannspree logo (after I installed the custom rom) but I'm certain that was my due to my own error. I thought the tablet had locked up when I rebooted it after completing the setup (it just takes a long time to boot the first time you install a custom rom), so I manually turned it off then back on which I think was a very bad idea.

Recovered the tablet and did it 'properly' this time and had no problems at all.

If it's reassurance you want I think it's virtually impossible to brick an Android device as long as you don't do something really stupid. It will almost always be recoverable back to stock.
Thanks Applecorp... yeh im fine with the process, I just wasnt sure if I wanted to go with the gtabcomb or flashback, because I'd heard of downsides for both.

I think I will probably go with the Gtabcomb 3.3 and ab kernel 4

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was perfect, followed the guide and installed gtabcomb... its been working for the last 6 hours, I've rebooted it, tried flash and games from the market which all work brilliantly

I'm not sure how good flash is but I'd definately recommend gtabcomb 3.3

Let us know how it goes, thanks guys for the help

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was having a problem with the ab_kernel4 Alpha 6 on gtabcomb. Everytime I pressed the Home button it would take me to the clock (like the pad was docked). Really frustrating when browsing as I had to use the back button all the time.

Installed the latest kernel (2.6.32.44.04) and I have had no problems with the Home button since.

Hope this is of some help to others who have experienced the same issue.

MintyUK

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,

Im getting my hannspad later this week, just looking at what ROMs i can install. Using Dolphine's guide... i am going to install the following:
1 - ClockWorkMod Recovery v4.0.1.4 (CWM)
2 - GtabComb Beta 3.3 OR FlashBack 7.2
3 - ab_kernel4 Alpha 6 (With Headphone Jack Fix)

But the only worry is that for both gtabcomb and flashback, ive heard that there r bugs, such as getting stuck on the logo screen and a problem with flash.

Can someone tell me if these problems happen on both gtabcomb and flashback? Which one is better and why? Also am i missing something for the above?
Hi,

I have installed these components on my tablet yesterday and, after a couple successful trial, the Android Market has stopped. How it launches but it remains for ages on Loading.

Is anybody able to pointing me to a place where this issue is discussed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Currently there are 4 options AFAIK

1. Change to Google DNS - LINK
( worked for me for about 3 week then broke again

2. Some other jiggery Pokery (which I've not tried yet LINK

3. Try a different ISP - works for me every time i.e. use my work ISP rather than home

4 Change to a non Honeycomb based rom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I have installed these components on my tablet yesterday and, after a couple successful trial, the Android Market has stopped. How it launches but it remains for ages on Loading.

Is anybody able to pointing me to a place where this issue is discussed?

Thanks in advance for your help.
I am also wanting to install these files, but after reading many posts am not so sure now.

Did you manage to sort yours?? If so what method did you use.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts