Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one of these cheapy android pads, box says 'MID & E-book', because I liked the pad concept and wanted an Android device for development. Well I only had it a week and did a full system reset but bypassed the screen calibration. That was stupid as evidently the calibration data is all 0's. Meaning anywhere I touch on the screen it results in 0,0 (the house icon in the upper left lights up). Needless to say this makes the device useless as is. I discovered this site while looking for a solution, because opening it up and pulling the battery did not work. One solution I can see now is to reflash it and this site does offer firmware. I still think it is bad programming to allow a user to bypass screen calibration if it absolutely requires it to be used. But I'm just glad it is fixable.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
"I bought one of these cheapy android pads"that's why it's got bad programming. Welcome to the club--they're still all pretty "cheapy" at this point.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I only had it a week and did a full system reset but bypassed the screen calibration. That was stupid as evidently the calibration data is all 0's. Meaning anywhere I touch on the screen it results in 0,0 (the house icon in the upper left lights up). Needless to say this makes the device useless as is. I'm in the same boat as you. If you find a solution would you please post back to me? I like the little tablet and want to work with it.All I'm getting is the home screen. Any reset doesn't work. I can only make the home button in the upper left corner flash.Please help - and one more favor, please - I'm NOT a geek with computers (geophysics, yes, computers no) so please speak using plain talk. I really appreciate in advance your understanding with 0's and 1's!Barb

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
Sounds like you should flash your unit again and start over this time calibrating it :)There is a different way of doing it but a bit more technical, not hard but still.BTW, what is your tablet I know you said its a 'MID & E-book' but what screen size etc a pictures here would be good to identify it. To me it sounds like an Eken M001 with that on the box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.