Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This goal here is to not get scammed by bad SlateDroid resellers. If you have a reseller that gave you a great deal and shipped quickly . tell us here and vice versa if you felt legitimately scammed and wronged let us know . If you check ebay the eken is all over the place for sale.

·
Registered
83 Posts
xia_candy on EBay - Link To Shop: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/SuperdigistoresI bought 2 from them. One shipped by UPS and the other by DHL - included in the price. They both arrived within a week, well packaged and everything in order.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey Dk just out of curiosity why did you buy 2?

·
Registered
33 Posts
[quote author=dkjab link=topic=54.msg387#msg387 date=1273875244]xia_candy on EBay - Link To Shop: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/SuperdigistoresI bought 2 from them. One shipped by UPS and the other by DHL - included in the price. They both arrived within a week, well packaged and everything in order.[/quote]This seller assume that he integrated android market and youtube and many other things in the device do you confirm it ?Software:Google chome-lite BrowserMainstream Web Mail service Gmail Document to Go (Word, Excel, PPT, PDF)Android Task Killer, Andexplorer Android Marketsee the link under Specifications/softwarehttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Google-Androi...DE_Handys_ohne_Vertrag_KM&hash=item3eff67ddcbif not , can you contact him to send you the new firmware he made ?

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
You have to read the description carefully. Underneath the list of applications it says this:
Attention:If the above mentioned applications are not built-in, they can be downloaded in the Market for free.As long as you have registered or have a gmail account, by using the Market of Android, you can download large quantity of applications and games without paying.The function and software is as well as the App Store of IPHONE.
Nowhere in that does he actually say that it comes included with the Android Market and, judging by his language skills <-he's German, I wouldn't have thought he'd have the capacity to hack the device and install Android Market it on there. If he had done then he would have made a much bigger fuss as it would have given him a massive USP over the other sellers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
[quote author=Mike link=topic=54.msg470#msg470 date=1273922256]You have to read the description carefully. Underneath the list of applications it says this:
Attention:If the above mentioned applications are not built-in, they can be downloaded in the Market for free.As long as you have registered or have a gmail account, by using the Market of Android, you can download large quantity of applications and games without paying.The function and software is as well as the App Store of IPHONE.
Nowhere in that does he actually say that it comes included with the Android Market and, judging by his language skills <-he's German, I wouldn't have thought he'd have the capacity to hack the device and install Android Market it on there. If he had done then he would have made a much bigger fuss as it would have given him a massive USP over the other sellers.[/quote]Take a look againThe specifications of the device look under software Operating System:Google Android OS 1.6 Processor: VIA MW8505 600MHz+DSP550MHZ Memory:128MB DDR2 Capacity:2GB NAND FLASH, support most 16GB mobile HDD Display:7-inch (diagonal) high-brightness TFT LCD widescreen touch display 800-by-480-pixel resolution Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously Sensors:Accelerometer Ambient light sensor Network:802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED network connection Slot:SD X 1 (support up to 32G HCSD)USB X 1Stereo Audio out X 1 Microphone in X 1 Software:Google chome-lite BrowserMainstream Web Mail service Gmail Document to Go (Word, Excel, PPT, PDF)Android Task Killer, Andexplorer Android Market Audio and Video:H.263, H.264 (in 3GP or MP4 container), MPEG-4 SP, AMR, AMR-WB (in 3GP container), AAC, HE-AAC (in MP4 or 3GP container), MP3, MIDI, OGG Vorbis, WAV, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP Video OnlineHigh-Fidelity stereo speaker output Languages: Language support for English, French, German, Japanese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Russian Keyboard support for English (U.S.), English (UK), French (France, Canada), German, Japanese (QWERTY), Dutch, Flemish, Spanish, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Russian Power Supply: Battery Type:Built in 7.4V 1600MAH Li-ion Battery Battery / Run Time:(up to) 2 Hours Power Device Type:AC Adapter Voltage required:100/240V Size and Weight: Height: 8.15 inches (207 mm) Width: 4.69 inches (119 mm)Depth: 0.5 inch (13 mm)Weight: 0.77 pounds (0.35 kg) 1.89 pounds (0.86 kg) with package In The Box:Google Android Tablet Computer X 1Dock Connector to USB Cable X 1 USB Power Adapter X 1Documentation X 1Stylus Pen X 1(Free Gift)

·
Registered
83 Posts
FAO mp4doggie:I bought 2 Ekens as I was going to play with the firmware and possibly open one up. I didnt want to end up without a working one :)FAO ahmedkom:It has a Chinese Market App installed, not the Google Android Marketplace, so uninstall and find an alternative.... Having said that, I have found all the free apps I need on the web and using the other mentioned alternative market apps out there.I am also looking for the M003 8" model as it has an external full size USB Host socket. It is an Eken, and has almost identical specs to the M001 save the screen size (its still 800x480) so the firmware might be the same, which means M001 Ekens could be hacked to have a USB socket and have built in support already. Yes, I am a gadget Womble... Amassed so far:Sony Mylo 1Sony Mylo 2 2 x Eken M001 (Rooted, Swapfiles, Latest Firmware)JXD A30 PMPFujitsu Stylistic LT64 (ancient Debian, SSD conversion)Norhtec Edubook Netbook (Puppy Linux)etc....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have bought a few things of dealextreme and always arrived well packaged and on time. They have done a recent price match so it is now $108US with Free Shipping which I think is the standard now right?

·
Registered
92 Posts
[quote author=mrcynical link=topic=54.msg924#msg924 date=1274225873]I have bought a few things of dealextreme and always arrived well packaged and on time. They have done a recent price match so it is now $108US with Free Shipping which I think is the standard now right?[/quote]Sweet at that price I would recommend them 100%. Knowing it will actually arrive and be packed in bubble wrap when it does is worth a couple of dollars premium over the ebay prices.

·
Registered
111 Posts
For clarification purposes VIA8505 is 300mhz at most pre oc`d to 350mhz, It is NOT 600 533 800 ect nor does it have dual core or DSP of any type. Any tablet sporting a 8505 isnt worth 10bucks let alone 100. I purchased what I was told was a Rockchip tablet and ended up getting a VIA 8505 tablet. It is an utter piece of crap. They should have paid me the 100 bucks for the frustration it has caused me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts