Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally gave up on the PDN and returned to BBB. I couldn't live with the buggy WiFi and a few other nits.Lots of Likes:Great device for learning how to hack AndroidWell built, solid (but heavy)Great EBook reader using Aldiko (but absolutely horrid in sunlight)Great PriceLots of dislikes:Lack of extra button - the Notification Bar hack is sort of OK but it only takes you back to HOME - the app still remains open so after a while some apps seem to clog memory - it's not really a true back buttonWiFi - no matter what FW it took a long time to "come to life" - even with the hack and it often cut in/outScreen - a bit slow (would like capacitive but not at this price) and cannot be read in sunlightAnd... Pandigital seems to be run by morons who have no desire to take advantage of free work on their behalf - as the former CEO of an AMEX-listed public corporation I can say that when customers offered me free resources I jumped at it.However, this forum is awesome. I'm staying here (sort of lurking) and hoping that there's a better "Mark 2" Version in the future - in the meantime maybe I'll invest in an Augen Gentouch or a WiTS81 as a toy.Good Luck to yawl

·
Registered
157 Posts
Aside from the overall weak wifi reception which gives a much weaker signal than, say, a laptop in the same place and time, I haven't had too many wifi problems. Then again, I don't use "sleep" at all. I always shut down completely. The way I see it, if you have to shut everything down to "sleep" anyway, there's no real workstate to save, which means there's no real advantage to it except to shave the minute of boot time.The Novel is a little sluggish, but it still compares well with the Nokia maemo tablet that I also have. The Novel is also almost twice the screensize and about half the Nokia's price while having around the same battery life. Hard to argue about the value there.I think people should stop expecting Pandigital to participate in or in any way sanction this forum. No legal department with any common sense would allow something like that. What they *are* on the hook for though is anything that falls under GNU/GPL open source licenses. If they don't follow through on their obligations under those licenses, the aforementioned legal department ought to be contacted.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well said but you might expect Pandigital to at least acknowledge that they have some dedicated customers who would help (and AFAIK, helping them improve their own buggy firmware to make it better does not violate any law).

·
Registered
294 Posts
[quote name='docfreed;39051]Well said but you might expect Pandigital to at least acknowledge that they have some dedicated customers who would help (and AFAIK' date=' helping them improve their own buggy firmware to make it better does not violate any law).[/QUOTE'] Have to agree with you. The community here has a couple of extremely sharp coders and I'm sure if given access to the PDN code they could sort out the wifi problems and other niggles for Pandigital. I just don't get it with the Pandigital guys at all. Incredible return for no outlay, yet they just don't seem to be interested.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Still working on it. my contact takes long weekends. ... I am not amused.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.