Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I have been able to utilize a usb bluetooth dongle to enable bt on my flytouch. I have a teletype external bt gps receiver that I have managed to pair, but not connect to...anyone have any thoughts on how to make it work with gmaps etc?Sent from my SlateDroid 1.3 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
share how you got BT working via the dongle and i will investigate connecting to things, please!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh man.. that was the easy part! had an extra "rocketfish" usb bluetooth dongle laying around that came with a BT KBD/Mouse combo... connected that to the usb/network hub that came with the Flytouch Then went into settings>wireless controls>bluetooth - and turned it on... voila! BT! was able to connect it to my Jawbone ICON with ease for media audio... so I got to thinking, and remembered I had the external BT GPS Receiver... which got me to my initial question. I was able to see, and pair.. but no love with the connection. I am thinking that maybe the BT stack only has audio support???< My Flytouch is running the 1.7.4 firmware Slatedroid-V2. ( I had loaded the 1.8 stripped, but went back to the 1.74, as I liked using Google's android marketplace!>

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
im running slatedroid but i dont see a bluetooth option in the wireless controls section. I have several BT dongles, but alas, no option to enable.on another note, i diss assembled the USB hub item and found it has no chips on it, just a board, all the connections go back to the dock connector, and there is a third USB header set which is not got anything soldered to it inside there. I BET thats the USB connector used to link to the PC. I may try later to prove that, then it would be possible to link to the PC and have the eth dongle present at the same time.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
interesting.. I wonder if that is a holdover from the 1.8 firmware that I had loaded previously... seems like i have read that several others have mentioned having things that didn't work previously, work after loading/reloading firmware...

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
i need to backup everything in my Epad before reflashing for this, i use it for buisness stuff.yet another note, what part of arizona are you in, im 1 mile from the newly deflated tempe town lake, lol.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so after digging around,looks like there are some .conf files in /etc/bluez (audio, hcid, and input) just a guess..but I am thinking that these are the bluetooth config files, I am missing the gps.conf? there's probably more to it than that, but seeing as I could pair to the bt gps unit, but couldn't connect...masterx- sounds like a pm is in orderSent from my SlateDroid 1.3 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
will PM ya, anyway, im installing a computer in my car and my tablet will be the monitor and mouse(touchscreen) to control it. I have a 3G wireless card for the computer, and the computer is hosting a Infrastructure Mode Wireless N Network around the car piped into the 3G for internet Access, The Epad interfaces to the computer by WiFi when out of the car, and by Ethernet when in the car. I also have a MagicJack VoIP card which will be on the in car PC and piped out the stereo, and in through a Mic above the driver seat and will make calls over the 3G.I plan to assemble all this in the car tommorrow or on the weekend.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes, same here i managed to connect via an external BT dongle and paired it with my Nexus one but it says paired but not connected

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
[quote name='tfields4800;35847]so after digging around' date='looks like there are some .conf files in /etc/bluez (audio, hcid, and input) just a guess..but I am thinking that these are the bluetooth config files, I am missing the gps.conf? there's probably more to it than that, but seeing as I could pair to the bt gps unit, but couldn't connect...masterx- sounds like a pm is in orderSent from my SlateDroid 1.3 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE'] I Pm'd ya, waiting for reply ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts