Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has no speaker output at all. Tried everything I could find to turn it on and/or turn it up. Nothing. Headphones sound great though.Wi-Fi won't connect to anything. I hold it 1" from my router and it still says "out of range" for my network. I entered in my SSID, had it search for networks, nothing.Had these issues with the original firmware, upgraded to Roger's 5.1 and still have them. I guess my unit is defective?There is nothing stupid & simple I'm supposed to turn on to make these things work right?Please tell me I'm overlooking something silly.8 Gig unit(ordered 7/1 from Emily Wang, received 7/22/10)

G

·
Having a device too close to a WiFi source will impede its quality dramatically, sit in the next room and try it. If the sound is not outputting on the speaker then it is probably faulty and depending on how much you intended to use it it might be cause to send it back.

·
Registered
251 Posts
If you're sure you have set up the wifi config properly and you still get no signal then yes I reckon your unit is faulty. Forget the speaker sound output, it's pretty awful on all of them though you could try headphones to see it they work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the wifi to work! Found out that it will only connect to networks that broadcast their ssid. None of the networks I tried to connect to did that. I was telling it the ssid but that doesn't work. I'm happier. ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Speakers were turned on in the settings menu. They just didn't work. I even opened up the unit to verify speaker existence and look at the wiring. All looked good.It appears the ssid broadcast thing is a common problem with all versions of android. When I setup a wireless network I never broadcast the ssid. So I couldn't connect to any networks that I setup, which was like 4 different ones.I really did like the thing...but I returned it. No sound bothered me. So much new (better?) stuff coming out soon. Now I just hope I get a refund from Emily. From what I read I don't have much of a chance.aPad-less

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.