Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new 1.74 firmware will recognize my Huawei e160 USB 3g Tmobile sim. If I select add 3g network and enter a name - tmobile - or anything else and leave other fields blank it will connect to the net. But I only get Tmobile's web2go page and not the full net as there is no way I can see to tell the M003 that I want the internet2.voicestream.com apn and the appropriate proxy. I tried using the apn on/off app but when I enter all the new apn info it won't save it.Ideas on how to enetr this APN info? I can't get the dialer app to open either. But the M003 IS connecting to the net with this Huawei usb sim attached. It is very fast when surfing the basic Tmobil web my account pages.Any help would be appreciated as I would really like to get this thing surfing with 3g in addition to wifi. And yes, I do have an unlimited data subscription on this sim.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have to do this for my LG EveConnect to a Wifi network Go to the Market and download "Anycut" Long press on a desktop Select "Shortcut" Select "Anycut" Select "Action" Select "APNs" A new APNs icon will be created on your phone. Click it. Click "New APN" Enter in the APN info you need.You should now be able to connect to a 3G network. Enjoy!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Does the "JakeArmitage's" description for the new APN work on your M0003? If it works, I also would flash the new 1.7.4 Firmware. ...would be great to use M003 via 3G

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will try this now! thanks! The problem I've been having is I cannot save any APN at all. Hopefully this will fix it.
JakeArmitage;11380 said:
I have to do this for my LG EveConnect to a Wifi network Go to the Market and download "Anycut" Long press on a desktop Select "Shortcut" Select "Anycut" Select "Action" Select "APNs" A new APNs icon will be created on your phone. Click it. Click "New APN" Enter in the APN info you need.You should now be able to connect to a 3G network. Enjoy!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anycut works and I can enter the apn like I've been able to do with other apn interfaces - the problem is after entering in all the apn info and saving it, the APN does not appear in the apn list. This has been the issue all along. It's like the device will not let me save an APN for some reason, yet it will connect me through the Huawei usb sim if I just use the add 3g network interface in 3g settings. All I have to do is enter a name and leave phone number, user and passowrd blank and it will connect me to t-mobile and I can surf my tmobile web account. But I can't surf the entire web until I can tell the M003 to use the internet2.voicestream.com apn that my unlimted surf account is linked to.Any ideas?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you have root access? I had the same problem on my LG Eve until I enabled root access. You can also try this too if you have adb try this“adb shell am start -a android.settings.APN_SETTINGS” The APN config will open on the phone. Click “New APN” On the LG I had to do a factory reset using fastboot. I don't know if we have fastboot access.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe I do have root, but I will try again. Getting the apn settinsg to open is no problem. Nor is it a problem filling out fields or hitting the SAVE button. They just don't save. I will try again.]Do you have root access? I had the same problem on my LG Eve until I enabled root access. You can also try this too if you have adb try this"adb shell am start -a android.settings.APN_SETTINGS" The APN config will open on the phone. Click "New APN" On the LG I had to do a factory reset using fastboot. I don't know if we have fastboot access.[/QUOTE]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.