Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Error Message:Sorry the application google pinyin (process.com.google.android.inputmethod.pinyin) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.Force closeI'm not able to press the force close button to make the error go away or even able to access the touchscreen due to this. Anyway to fix it?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Okay. I ended up with this error about 15 minutes after I first powered this bad boy up. I don't know what you were doing, but I was trying to change the default language to english as I had seen elsewhere on this board. At the same time, my charger quit. And when I say the same time, I thought they were part of the same problem. They were not, at least for me.To fix this, I had to locate the latest firmware upgrade right here (http://slatedroid.com/index.php?topic=367.0) and install it. And it *did* fix it. The first post has instructions on how to install. It took me about 15 minutes, after which you remove the SD card and let it reboot. Bingo! Working slate.Good luck, dude.DanIn case you're interested, I had to open the case, invent an alternate power supply (8 AA batteries) to enable the whole thing to remain powered for the update. You see, I hadn't completed a charge cycle when everything took a dump. While I was updating, I discovered the charger had puked. LOL.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.