Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the Windows CE ZT180 sitting on my floor right now. Will post some more info within 24 hours about it. Found these things running Windows CEor Android 1.6 The stores didn't like them running 1.6 and most of them changed these tablets over to CE. The specs are accurate with the Zenithink and 256 MBram. Problem is, there were also quite a lot of 10 inch tablets floating around that were POS.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Be interested in hearing your thoughts as I have one coming this week because Android 2.1 not stable at the moment.Some screenshots would be nice

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's some tablet pr0n to just make you jealous until I post some more info on it.
This is pretty quick so far, sound/volume on it is set a bit low. Trying to figure it out.Had it playing movies last night without a hiccup.Has a USB, Micro-SD slot, RJ45 connector, and wifi network support.This thing is BIG and fast haha!Careful though, will post pictures of what the sides look like. That was a dead give away when I was comparing the other 10" tablets available in China.Lots were labeled as ZT-180s.... most were VIA-CPUS or Rockchips. The 350 or 600 MHZ CPUs didn't really compare to this thing speed wise. Out of 20+ shops that had "ZT-180s." I can count how many really had these Zenithinks on one hand and still have fingers left over. The others were the aforementioned tablets. Hopefully those pictures will help people when looking for these tablets from other places.It runs Windows CE fine. The three shops I was at were complaining about Android on these and decided to switch them over to CE themselves. Only one problem people might have is the language settings of these. It's in Chinese though,but doesn't bother me. Happy I can read and speak it, haha!Got to figure out about getting them into English though... Would be so much easier if it was Android and I can just change the language quickly. Prefer Linux based items over Windows for language changes. Shop keepers were saying the Android update will be out in a few weeks and will let me know when they have it ready, but they were snickering when they said that. Your call on what that means.Any questions for me, post away. I'll see what I can do when I go back home tonight.... I am so making use of company resources at the moment.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sounds a little odd to hear about shops removing android by themselves. Last I read on chinese website shanzaiben is that android did not even have a wifi driver yet and a lot of force closes.The more time goes by the less exciting this thing gets...Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nano2k;20123 said:
Sounds a little odd to hear about shops removing android by themselves. Last I read on chinese website shanzaiben is that android did not even have a wifi driver yet and a lot of force closes.The more time goes by the less exciting this thing gets...Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
Be surprised what else Chinese shops do here with electronics. Changing OS or software on items is the least of the worries, heh! When you start examing internals on a lot of units that are spitting out odd specs from the terminal, that's when things get really interesting. Should see some of the hack jobs a lot of shops do here.... Some are so elogant and skillful, a masterpiece of improvisation. Others are uglier than sin and as well thought out as offering pork chops at a Jewish wedding.I spend 90% of my time looking for things that are not modified / a hack job.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Guys,,, I also just recieved an Apad Cortex-A8 from Dongdai industries. (www.alibaba.com) It's charging at the moment. I did start it up to see what version of Android it has on. Mine is Android 2.1. Can you point me out where i can check the CPU speed or brand via Android? Thanks.A few confirmations:No capacitive screen. The touchscreen is sensitive though.No aluminium backside. The seller confirmed I think about 6 times that it had a aluminium back.Android 2.1 is installed. I did not test everything, but it's working. It is fairly snappy, but I have a feeling the the OS can be further optimized.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nope, no CD, no instructions. Only the charger and the Network Cable. Android works. No crashes yet. Animations where turned off (window animations) by default. So I turned the on. They work, but can be further optimized. It's not as snappy in window animations as for example the ipad/iphone open / close window animation . It is a little slower.No webcam indeed . I will go ahead and the CPU in a moment. I am at work so I cannot also test Wifi here

·
Registered
15 Posts
I spoke to the seller. They told me that they are still improving the 2.1 OS. So upgrades wil come.I think we have exactly the same pad:eek:n top: power button (black plastic), T-F Card insert, Mini USB, Volume (Black plastic)right side: Headphones, USB, OTG, DC jack.Left-side: Clean.Bottom: left and right speaker opening with chrome/silver mesh cover.

·
Registered
2 Posts
soulstar2100;20237 said:
Wifi seems to work fine on the CE. Really interested on the differences between the CE and the 2.1 ^_^Comparison time! Will post pictures of the side of mine in a second. Let's see if they look the same.
OK I dont know about you but I just bought a ZT-180 from this site at :http://ebestelectronics.en.made-in-china.com/product/KMXxSvIbQekB/China-New-10-Inch-Android-2-1-Pad-ZT-180-Tablet-PC-MID.htmlThe WIFI is EXTREMLY SLOW. It doesnt even connect at times. Whats the point of a MID without internet browsing use. Also the battery life lasts atmost 1 hour. I'm also running Win CE 6.0. I dont recommend anyone buying this now

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
0.oPost pictures of it with side shots. I saw several different variants out. Might be able to help from there, might not. I'll post what I got for pictures when I get back home tonight. Let's compare and see who's is bigger.I mean...... Yeah, when I get home tonight. How does your wifi do with other devices? Might not be the tablet something else as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
1) Can't get the orientation of Windows CE to change in any way... Not sure if it's user error or that CE isn't set up for it or if it doesn't have one. Maybe somebody with an Android one might be able to help here. And don't know of any program currently on it or way to check right now. CE isn't my fortay.2) No GPS

·
Banned
203 Posts
soulstar2100;21871 said:
1) Can't get the orientation of Windows CE to change in any way... Not sure if it's user error or that CE isn't set up for it or if it doesn't have one. Maybe somebody with an Android one might be able to help here. And don't know of any program currently on it or way to check right now. CE isn't my fortay.2) No GPS
Cool, thanks for the reply. So, any reason you chose Windows CE over Android 2.1? I really can't see any advantages over Android.

·
Registered
30 Posts
[quote name='Zap!;21986]Cool' date=' thanks for the reply. So, any reason you chose Windows CE over Android 2.1? I really can't see any advantages over Android.[/QUOTE'] they don't even ship the android version right now, because of stability issues of the firmware...but another question wouldn't it be possible to install android version on the win ce tablets after it is released!?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.