Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying, but gave up, to install ICS partitions so I could try the new ICS ROM, having failed I've now re-installed several different ROMs, Flashback, Gtabcomb etc. Every time I get to the Google sign in in setup it tells me that it has failed as it cannot establish a reliable connection to the server!? The Wifi is working fine, I can browse the internet. If I try and log in using the browser sign in it works and then tells me there was a problem adding your account to this device. The ROMS are working fine but no Google sign in means no Market, any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you're having problems trying to add a google account to the tablet the problem is that it wont take your normal google account password! You need to go to your google account using a browser and get hold of an "application specific password". Type this in as the password in add account and it all works fine. Mad eh?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there i tried what you had said about application specific password. i got the generate a code typed it in the password box so i could sign in to my google account and it keeps saying cant establish a reliable connection to the server. i really dont know how to fix this. could any1 help please?
thanks in advance Dan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there i tried what you had said about application specific password. i got the generate a code typed it in the password box so i could sign in to my google account and it keeps saying cant establish a reliable connection to the server. i really dont know how to fix this. could any1 help please?
thanks in advance Dan
try this google play version http://db.tt/T5VKlB0A
and freeze market updater with titanium backup
it works for me on flashback rom

·
Registered
9 Posts
i've tried the application specific password route too thanks

gunb, thats a good little manoeuvre to get the latest play store on board, shame i cant use it yet tho!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts