Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I start Google Listen on my PD Novel (running the Panda Home launcher, if it matters) I get the following message:"Listen requires a gmail account to sync with reader.google.com. Please add a new account in system preferences."How do we access the system preferences screen? The system preferences screen seems to be the generic PD one. Has anyone else tried to make Google Listen work?

· Registered
147 Posts
On a similar note, has anyone installed just the Gmail app and not the full Google experience stuff? Would that make a difference here?ibulucea, did you install the Google experience packages?

· Registered
1,352 Posts
I'm not sure if you necessarily need Google Experience (in case you wanted to get by without it), but at the very least you'll need a custom home screen and volume key hack to get to the "real" settings menu. If that doesn't work, you'd probably need to install the Google Experience package.

· Registered
14 Posts
@BiPolarBear: No, I did not install the Google Experience packages - I read some posts that claimed it screwed things up pretty badly on their Novel, so I decided to take a wait-and-see approach on the GE stuff. (for now, at least)@clockworx: I am using the Panda Home screen and the volume key hacks, but the settings menu that I have access to may not be the Android one (I can't tell, I don't own any other Android device) but rather the PD version of it.Final thought: I think getting Google Listen to work on the PD would be worth the effort...

· Registered
147 Posts
[quote name='ibulucea;18473]@BiPolarBear: No' date=' I did not install the Google Experience packages - I read some posts that claimed it screwed things up pretty badly on their Novel, so I decided to take a wait-and-see approach on the GE stuff. (for now, at least)@clockworx: I am using the Panda Home screen and the volume key hacks, but the settings menu that I have access to may not be the Android one (I can't tell, I don't own any other Android device) but rather the PD version of it.Final thought: I think getting Google Listen to work on the PD would be worth the effort...[/QUOTE'] @ibulucea: From the home screen, hit the volume button that brings up the menus and you will get a pop-up menu at the bottom of the screen with about five choices, one of which is the default android settings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.