Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
All credit to helmuteke for his original post
http://www.slatedroid.com/eken-m002...44-finally-my-market-works-download-apps.htmlPart I - Get a unique AndroidID1 - Download the android SDK and install it. ( you can follow directions on How-To Geek - Computer Help from your Friendly How-To Geek)2 - Download android system.img from 4shared.com - free file sharing and storage ( hey , you have some time now before downloading starts , so take some coffee )3 - place the system.img file to c:android-sdk-windowsplatformsandroid-4images (or location where you installed tje sdk)4 - Now start the android emulator again and start the virtual dev for 1.6 .( c:android-sdk-windowsSDK setup.exe )5 - Start up the emulator and sign in to market ( first skip all until you see your dashboard , then market)6 - If you have open your market and you can browsing thru the program's , it's time to open a command prompt.7 - go to c:android-sdk-windowstools ( cd c:android-sdk-windowstools)8 - type follow command : adb devices ( now you see the emulator connected)9 - type follow command : adb pull /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/accounts.db ( now we copy the file with the unique androidid to directory)10 - type follow command : sqlite3 accounts.db "select * from meta";now you have a return like androidId||xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx where the x's = the unique androidid , write this number down.You can close the emulator for now .So this is End of Part IPart II : Get Root access to your eken device.For some command (like copy files . . .) on our eken device we need some root access. Company eken has disabbled this , but with some tricks i found on this board ( http://www.slatedroid.com/vestinious-m001-rom/vestinious-m001-rom/showthread...on-1.7.4/page2 ) we can get root access. I have already changed the eken M002 Firmware for you and you can find it here for the Firmware : MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery servicehere for the 2 APK tools :MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery serviceI hope you can Flash your device with the Firmware and after that install the 2 apk with pkmanager. all the other info you find in the howto.txt. Normally it's the easiest part.Part III : Change the " Fault" androidid with your unique.1 - on your device : Settings - Applications - Development - Tap USB debugging2 - go to market , sign in and close3 - go to c:android-sdk-windowstools ( cd c:android-sdk-windowstools)4 - connect with your device , the easiest way is type : adb connect <ip of your device>:55555 - type : adb devices ( to see if your device is connected)6 - type : adb shell (now you are in your device)now you have to change some attributes from a file7 - type : su (to get super user privileges)8- look at the screen of your device , you have to tapped allow.9 - type : cd /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/10 - type : chmod 777 accounts.db11 - type : exit12 - type : exit (yes , 2 times)13 - type : adb pull /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/accounts.db (get the file with fault id )14 - type : sqlite3 accounts.db "update meta set intvalue='xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' where name='androidId'" ( ATTENTION change the x's with the number you have written) 15 - type : adb push accounts.db /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/16 - Reboot your device

·
Registered
247 Posts
[quote name='Hopelessness;42035]The system.img file hosted on 4shared is no longer there' date=' could you provide another link please?[/QUOTE'] I have it available for download from my bittorrent server. Here is the Magnet / DHT link for it. Paste it into a bittorrent client that supports Magnet links (All the best one's do). They may call it a URL.....I have used a couple of public trackers with it.The editor on this site will almost certainly put a space in the link, so remove the space when you use it. magnet:?xt=urn:btih:l6jwsp6kokpknhpkhkdrzq7alsdehues&dn=market-fix-system-img.zip&tr=http%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%2FannounceI've done a proper isohunt "release" so it will also work as a normal torrent. I prefer bittorrent as I know if there is a seeder out there, I *will* get the file.....whereas all the file-sharing sites choke off free users and generally annoy the hell out of me.The link to the isohunt torrent is here: http://isohunt.com/release/511425If 2 or 3 people (the more the better) keep this file seeding, anyone who needs it can get it any time very quickly....I'm seeding the current releases of most of the major firmwares. I'll post the links in the main forum and one in each of the relevant forums. I have a HUGE data quota and these files aren't very big.

·
Registered
247 Posts
So all the devices that use that file will have exactly the same IMSI......Interesting to see how Google might respond with respect to that single number being used on hundreds or maybe thousands of devices. The good news is none of them are real GSM phones, so I guess there is no real conflict even if they are using the same number.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
I think this part of why no market on slates. Not just Google won't license it, they don't have a way to identify properly slate users and CAN'T license it until they resolve this issue.

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Google ID is unique to the user as its generated when you use the emulator and link it to your email account.I guess you could use it on a phone but I wouldnt want to say if its a good idea or not, better to make a new ID with a seperate email account I suppose.

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote name='Hopelessness;42365]I meant take the Android ID FROM my phone' date=' rather than put it on the phone, but I guess it's trivial anyway as I do have the sdk installed.[/QUOTE'] OK sorry got that the wrong way round

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
[quote name='Hopelessness;42237]If it's the same Android ID' date=' my first question is why can't someone just post that up here? Secondly, can I use the Android ID from my phone?[/QUOTE'] The IMSI is Same but you google account name makes The AndroidId different. I did put the same ID on My M003 anf GT78. When both are turned on and connected to the net downloading an app on one would trigger the same download on the other.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,This process doesn't work for me, I can now get as far as generating the Google Android ID, there was / is a problem with the instructions in the Wiki concerning the placement of the system.img file and the name of the .db file. Users should also note that the emulator runs as slowly as molasses on a cold day and throws connection error pop-up's asking for the processes to be force closed or wait, select wait and all should be o.k. In addition the emulation looses 3G connection which is a real pain.I'm trying to figure out how to convince it to emulate a 3G network again.Now once the Google Android Id has been obtained it seems as if it will be a piece of cake to write the ID to the Eken M001 using Sqlite3 commands.Ha ha NO! Using ADB I can shell after connecting using IP:5555 to connect to the device but typing su to get root privileges results in a hang, using a terminal on the M001 and typing su gets me root privileges, so I chmod 777 accounts.db using the terminal. I still get permission denied when I try to push or pull accounts.db. Anybody got any ideas? I'm thinking that installing dropbear which may with the use of WinSCP and Putty that I use on my Ubuntu Development Server give me the edge and stop this little dude giving me the run around. Has anybody used dropbear on an Eken M001? Firmware is Vestinious 1.2.2 which is a great improvement on all the other firmwares that I have tried. Just need to figure what to tweak to stop it holding me at arms length. Best,TheBlueCrab

·
Registered
247 Posts
[quote name='Hopelessness;42365]I meant take the Android ID FROM my phone' date=' rather than put it on the phone, but I guess it's trivial anyway as I do have the sdk installed.[/QUOTE'] The accounts.db contains both the IMSI and the androidID. The IMSI is unique to the SIM in your phone. The IMSI in an M001 is set to "imsi|initial|" which is why it probably doesn't work....as it probably asks the M001 for a value to replace the "initial" and no such value is forthcoming because the M001 isn't a phone with a SIM. The Android SDK fix uses an image with an IMSI......and I suspect everyone using that system.img is using exactly the same IMSI (imsi|310260000000000|). As these devices aren't phones with SIMs, the practical effect of that is NIL as they only do wifi and do not function as GSM phones.....but it does provide Google with a way to close down Market access on all these devices. They need only block that single IMSI.I do not know the full contents of the accounts.db. I might resurrect my ancient SQL skills and get a listing of what is in that database. Might be useful. On the other hand, if we could provide the Market setup with the "310260000000000" value somehow, when it asks the device for the IMSI, we might be able to automate the Market setup....and have it work the same way it does in the system.img in the SDK. I have a conceptual understand if what would be required.....but no idea how to code it or whether or not it is possible to do it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
HiI at last made the market fix work, see my post above with all the problems that I had.What went wrong, well firstly there was no Sqlite3 on my Eken M001 you can check for it's presence by running BetterTerm on your machine, type su to promote yourself to root user then type find / -iname sqlite* You may find folders with sqlite as part of their name but they are not the executable sqlite3.The database file name is accounts.db on my machine I don't know if its named differently on other machines but two .db files are named in the WIKII couldn't get ADB to root, turns out that there is a pop up on the M001 display you have to allow busybox and I think ADB to have root privileges, if you don't click allow on both forms you cant get any further.A few minutes after getting the market to work I had installed Dropbear (OpenSSHd) and had Putty and WinSCP working making file manipulation and connecting from a remote machine a lot easier than using ADB.Magic, thanks to writer of the WIKI on the subject, perhaps we can write a little java app that will facilitate the whole process.Best,TheBlueCrab.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.