Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody run Google Calendar on their modified PDN. When I run it, the top bar is visible with the weekdays but the rest of the page is barely visible. The information is there but is so faint as to be nearly invisble. If I hold it just right, I can make out the grid lines and event bars but it completely useless. Is this a fault of the app or is there a PDN problem?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the same problem. Agenda view works and is viewable. Go to the marketplace and download Jorte. Works very well and you can place a widget on your home screen with your agenda. Touch the agenda and the calendar comes up and is viewable. Much better solution then the stock calendar app.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Calendar Sync, for whatever reason, is messed up, so maybe it is graying out the calendar waiting for the sync to finish. (just a guess)I'm hoping if we're successful getting "real" Eclair the sync issue will be fixed, and if we're lucky the calendar issue might resolve itself.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
That's a shame because the only usable feature on Google Calendar is the fact that it does indeed sync. Can the desktop version be forced and would this be usable?

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Events, birthdays, todo's I enter with my desktop on GoogCal do get updated and notified on the PD. Alarms bells and whistles function. Just can't see the calendar itself. Entering events on the PD is useful/seeable too and works. You just can't view anything in calendar view. If syncing is what's F'ing this up, why use it.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
OH! I didn't understand the question. When I'm on my desktop the look and feel is completely different. I assumed the PD was using a mobile version like it does with Google Docs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,Sorry if this was answed someplace else.. Can anyone recommend an calendar app which does sync with google calendar? I tried gemini calendar, but it doesn't seem to have any way of setting up google account (must be working on other hardwares). Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
[quote name='CJ_NJ;38961]Hi' date='Sorry if this was answed someplace else.. Can anyone recommend an calendar app which does sync with google calendar? I tried gemini calendar, but it doesn't seem to have any way of setting up google account (must be working on other hardwares). Any help would be much appreciated![/QUOTE'] Jorte. Good calendar program with a bunch of nice widgets. Free in the market.

·
Registered
338 Posts
So, B.Wolf, you sound like one can delete stock Calendar app and won't break "Global Sync" with Market? Or sued by Google for unlicenzed use of Android on unauthorized device? just kidding... nothing breaks w/out Calendar, right?Then, Jorte takes its place and plain works, right?To think it over, I wish somebody compilez an exhaustive list of PD junk that can be safely uninstalled and if needed replaced by better apps. Thank you.P.S. Working on replacing system font with obviously much better hinted Segoe WP. Kinda not so easy, then I missed the Rooting step.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Thank you, clockworx... Still kinda scary... wish we (unwashed masses of noobmorons) have some qualified procedure, or script, or better a reliable file management app, to backup these on SD, or on PC -- just in case. In any case, the stock app management doesn't list any of PD apps, to "manage" them out. Calendar jumps and tries to run every second as seen in services, poor sick and broken app...(I wonder what PDSync is trying to sync to? Bed Bath & Beyond? just kidding...)

·
Registered
338 Posts
thank you, Mr. blazingwolf! only I don't have 2.50 pounds sterling to use it. Then again, maybe I'll just root the toy and use regular (free) file managers?In other words, any other -- free -- root file managers?On a second thought, if I had spare 2 and a half ponds sterling, I'd be happily spending it on a tool also capable of:-- pack any updated/hacked firmware into .exe with the flash (fuse), to slip from my PC, with previous image pulled to PC for backup;-- or put into SD for flashing at a later date -- when that persistent "SD damaged" false error will be corrected

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.