Android Tablets Forum banner

Google Account sign-in failure

16K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  basic 
#1 ·
I was using GtabComb 3.3 (working well) and today flashed a new ROM "FlashBack 7.2". When setting up after reboot I cant sign into my Google account:

"Google Account sign-in failure. Can't establish a reliable connection to the server"

My internet is working fine and shows as "connected" on my pad.

I reflashed back to GtabComb 3.3 but still couldn't sign on to my Google account (getting same message as above). I tried FlashBack again but still no joy.

Can anyone please advise me how to fix this problem?

Many thanks.

#3 ·
me too.. please help - I've tried all the forums I could find, changed several kernels and removed cache from everywhere I could find, resorted to re-installing different ROM's but no joy.. I'm worried that I've somehow locked myself out but I can log in with no issues on my phone and any browser I want.. I just can't add my google account th the Hannspad :-(

I only received this yesterday so I'm really excited and loving the work that has gone into these ROM's, keep it up guys and have a great christmas.

Terry

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Same here. modded my hannspad in Oct and everything has been fine. Suddenly about 10 days it aksed for email and password to log into the market. Didnt think too much about it as wasnt sure about my password. Left it and forgot for a couple of days. Searched forums and internet and it seems its a common problem across different hardware. No fix for me as yet. Did a factory reset. still the same. Have now messed up the tablet with trying this and that and will have to reinstall when i get time. Maybe the reinstall will fix it if its a hannspad/ROM/software/app issue. It could be google issue though.

In my android account on the internet it still lists my tablet as connected, sending apps appears to work but they never arrive. It would be nice if there was a 'remove device' or reset in the settings. I also noticed that it takes a day or two for the google servers to recognise my device and add it to my account which is normal, apparently. I dont have any other android devices to see if i have the same problem with them.

One possible solution is to sign up to the market with another google account. I would'nt have my contacts, emails, etc from my main account then though and how long would that last.

One thing i would add for the first post (ZAFOD), maybe when you changed the ROM you inadvertently changed the name of your device so the market doesnt recognise the device anymore and it isnt registered (dont think you can have 2 accounts for the same device). e.g. android market recognised my device as Maker 'Nvidia' and model 'Gtabcomb'

I am no expert by any means just a noob trying to sort out this pronlem and sharing my experiences.

PS found how to remove my tablet from the market.

#8 ·
I did what this guy suggested link on his site and sure enough it was no longer there but when i went back it reappeared. Google has also backed up a lot of data from tab in the 2 short months i had it working with the market. Again no option to delete the data. Must be much more careful when signing up to things.

#6 ·
installed stock rom then CWM, gtabcomb and no difference. Still cant access android market. Tried creating a new account but still wont connect.

I guess i will just have to contact google and see if they can fix it but if they think know i have modded a tablet they wont be interested.

If i get around it i will post.

#7 ·
This seems to be a problem with the Honeycomb ROMs. I got my sister a Hannspad for Christmas and put Flashback on it. The market worked fine at first, but then it just wouldn't connect, it would only show the loading circle. Clearing the cache and doing a factory reset would only work now and again, but then the market would stop working again as soon as I had re-downloaded a few apps.
I have since flashed the Hannspad with Vegantab and the market is up and running again.

I suspect that the Honeycomb ROM updates will take a back seat now that ICS is being worked on, so it could be a while before the market issue is fixed.

#9 ·
Similar problem here as I was unable to login to Google market. I have a flashed Hannspad and because of other problems I chose to hard reset and re-install GtaComb ROM. Now I am unable to login to any Google app using my gmail account. I have other gmail accounts and no joy with those either. Keep getting "Google Account sign-in failure. Can't establish a reliable connection to the server". Chose to contact Android Market support. They were very quick to respond (didn't expect a response at all so well done!) but not good news:-

"Thanks for taking the time to write in. According to our records, the device you're using isn't supported for use with Android Market at this time. For additional details, please see this complete list of supported devices:

http://www.google.com/support/androidmarket/bin/answer.py?answer=1727131

The Android operating system is open source, which means any device manufacturer is free to use Android on its devices.

However, Android Market is an application created by Google that's only made available to devices that pass Google's compatibility requirements. In addition, manufacturers must obtain a license from Google in order to install Android Market on their devices.

For more information about the Android Compatibility Program, please visit http://source.android.com/compatibility/index.html"

I assume that my Hannspad must send some extra data about my device to Google servers for approval in order to login.

Are there any technical guys who know what data is sent/what data is required by Google, and, if it is possible to emulate it in some way?

#12 ·
I had same issue, I did solve by downloading new version of market place, but then still had issues with it freezing when searching etc.

I Also couldn't get flash to work.

IMO get a tablet that supports 3.x or stick with stock.

Side note:
Honeycomb improved performance of tablet. But is still unresponsive compared to iPad. It's a shame apple doesn't support flash, I think I might try the Sony S tablet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.