Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'd like to go ahead and sell my aPad. I've used it long enough to decide that it can't replace my iBook (which was the original intent), so I believe I'm just going to sell both and put the cash toward an iPad.I purchased the aPad from mp4nation, so it's from a reputable source. It's a 2gb Rockchip 2808 with webcam and RED charging light, white plastic casing, and speaker slit on the back. It currently has one of the Roger Braun firmware versions on it, but I'm not sure if that stays when I reset the device back to factory settings. One small scratch on the screen, but it's not noticable at all when in use. I've since put a $10 made-for-aPad screen protector on it (which I also had to order/wait for from China).Since the stock charger just stopped working altogether a week after I got the aPad, I bought and am including a $36 charger from Radio Shack. It's got a voltage selector on it, and comes with 2 other jack adaptors, so you could also use the charger on other stuff. This charger has worked flawlessly since I got it :)If you'd like, I'll also toss in the stiff cover case I sewed for it. It's a girly print, so if you don't want it, I understand (but it does keep the aPad pretty safe).I have the box it came to me in, which I'll put into a USPS Priority Flat Rate Envelope and ship to a US address free of charge. I'd really love to get $175 total for everything (aPad, new charger, screen protector, pretty hand-sewn cover), but will entertain offers! PM me here and I'll answer ASAP.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO IPAD.It's fascinating to see people come and go...

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
Sorry to see you go and best of luck with your iPad. I believe our friends over at androidtablets.net have a mother site for iPads which you might want to check out.Drop by sometime ;)

·
Super Moderator
3,234 Posts
It's only a question of time new device more and more iPad alike with same if not better feature will arriving! The time will teach us and if you compare the Samsung Galaxy S with the iPhone 4, who win's?! And also the Samsung cost much less than the iPhone (in Thailand it's just 60% of the cost of the iPhone), and the Samsung didn't need a Jailbreak! As I wrote somewhere before: I would NOT buy any more Apple products! Not because of they're not good, it's because of the company policies and how Apple is "screwing" them customers!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mike;48979]Sorry to see you go and best of luck with your iPad. I believe our friends over at androidtablets.net have a mother site for iPads which you might want to check out.Drop by sometime ;)[/QUOTE]I said:
It's only a question of time new device more and more iPad alike with same if not better feature will arriving! The time will teach us and if you compare the Samsung Galaxy S with the iPhone 4, who win's?! And also the Samsung cost much less than the iPhone (in Thailand it's just 60% of the cost of the iPhone), and the Samsung didn't need a Jailbreak! As I wrote somewhere before: I would NOT buy any more Apple products! Not because of they're not good, it's because of the company policies and how Apple is "screwing" them customers!
Don't get me wrong, I like open source as much as the next geeky girl, but aPad v. iPad was just no contest for me. My main need was for stable web browsing, and the aPad crashed on me at least 5 times a session, no matter what browser I used. Once that happened, all installed browsers would refuse to open at all for a few hours, so it became of little use to me. I also had issues with the keyboard not keeping up with my typing speed, so even when browsers were working, it was frustratingly tedious to do something as simple as post a forum reply. The iPad, on the other hand, has neither of those issues.I do hope that more iPad competitors come out, because I might eventually decide to switch if something proves to be just as stable and high quality as the iPad, and if not, I'd love to see prices come down on subsequent generations of the iPad. Competition is a good thing, but at this point, there's a good reason why Apple is the front runner in this particular situation IMO.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi JB, good luck on your journeys......I just hope you arent setting up the iPad a little too high in your estimations. Having had both iPad and aPad pretty much since they came out I do totally understand your concerns. The android tablet scene is very confusing and is being let down by some pretty lame technology at the moment. I read comments regarding it being in its infancy and I just shake my head in woe.......NEW Technology should never be classed as being anything less than cutting edge! Otherwise we end up being stuck in an ever decreasing cycle. This situation allows companies like Apple to come in and "direct" consumers into doing things a specific way instead of allowing convergence and user choice!Lets face it, at the very minimum, NEW tech should already do what is already available (and do it just as well IF not better) at the very least!So many poor android tablets flooding the market are actually making the iPad look the better proposition at the moment!However, the iPad is far from perfect. It might have a more responsive screen and better battery life etc, but the argument about it just working is a flawed one! There are numerous issues with the iPad. For me, I have found a few annoyances, such as the typing, it is better than the aPad for example, but, unfortunately it is still NOT anywhere near the experience you get from a physical keyboard. One of the main reason I dont use it very often.There are some decent droid tabs coming from the end of this month onwards. From the ones I have seen they match the iPads no-nonsense usability and should eclipse it in terms of what you can do with it! But good luck anyways, and just because you dont have a droid it doesnt mean you have to leave the community ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Android Tablet will be a competitor to iPad, but remember the phrase "will be." They aren't there yet. The whole market is new. ChromeOS may yet play a part, QNX, RIM's Blackpad, etc. It's a bit like the '80s all over again. I have an iPad, I love the thing, but I'm also planting my feet in the Android world. I don't believe that iPad v Android v whatever is a single choice question. A better iPad will emerge from the Android competition, and a better Android tablet from the iPad competition.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.