Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Im spending too much time on this I think the bin will be the place for Hannspads in the new year way too much agro, as the saying goes if its cheap ...watch out.
That's a bit dramatic

HannsTitan is still working for me

Hopfully someone will come up with a solution to get newer ROM's working again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Market now working for me on Hannstitan, got this from another thread
go into settings - apllications - manage - all - google services framework
then clear data and force close
then into settings - apllications - manage - all - market
and clear CACHE
hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys,

I've decided to post my experiences on here in the hope that someone can make light of it...

I'm currently running the Gtab 3.3 refresh ROM and have also been having trouble with the android marketplace, I've found that any android v2 ROMs I've tried have no problems accessing the marketplace but not with 3.0.

Initially I thought there was something wrong with the ROM, then I thought it was an issue with Google, now I have no idea as I can access the marketplace as long as I use my Android phone as a wifi hotspot!

I have a Talktalk broadband account with no restrictions and no issues with emails or web access but no Google account or marketplace... switch on my T-Mobile phone's wifi hot spot and I can connect to the marketplace, download and install apps and generally do everything it should.

I have absolutely no idea why but it only works that way, I've tested with friends and family's internet connections and all fail!

Is anyone else able to test this as I'd love to know if I'm alone in this?

Thanks guys, I hope everyone has had a great Christmas and has a brilliant new year.

Terry.

·
Registered
18 Posts
@Terry,

We also have TalkTalk broadband. I have am running Flashback 10.1 with hybridkernel_v3. Both Android Market and Gmail are working fine for me using the TalkTalk broadband from my home WLAN.

I did once get a glitch connecting to market which was fixed by clearing the cache for MArket and Googleservicesframework, then a reboot. Only once though, and other than that one time both Market and Gmail have been working fined for a couple of months.

·
Registered
3 Posts
@Terry,

We also have TalkTalk broadband. I have am running Flashback 10.1 with hybridkernel_v3. Both Android Market and Gmail are working fine for me using the TalkTalk broadband from my home WLAN.

I did once get a glitch connecting to market which was fixed by clearing the cache for MArket and Googleservicesframework, then a reboot. Only once though, and other than that one time both Market and Gmail have been working fined for a couple of months.
@ajp558 - thanks for the reply, I'm starting to think it may be the kernel.. or a combination of kernel & ROM that is causing the issue although I just can't fathom how mine works on a tethered connection but not on regular broadband.

I'm going to download the hybridkernel later... maybe tonight or tomorrow to see if I get different results, I'll post what happens in here when I do.

Thanks.

Terry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I just got my Hannspree tablet today for my wife and have absolutely no experience of android whatsoever.
I've managed to backup the stock rom fine, then update from the stock rom to Gtab 3.3 without any problems following the guides on this website.
It all went perfect and works 100% apart from accessing the market??! It wont associate the gmail account with the market it seems.
I have setup a new gmail account and is sycn'd on the tablet but still no luck

Haven't tried clearing the caches yet, but judging by the posts on here I dont think it's going to solve the problem.
On virgin media broadband using their netgear router for wifi. Can surf the net fine etc but it's like googles server is rejecting the connection.

Any help appreciated. Dont much feel like restoring the stock rom lol.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts