Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if someone could explain Root access a little better. I'm new to Android and have followed the steps on the ROM pages to get root but it doesnt work. I'm running ECOTOX firmware (stable version) and the apps included with the ROM that enable root crash......I have Super User Permissions and Connectbot apk's installed yet Connectbot crashes for me. Everything else on my Eken works great!! I have USB debugging enabled and it's still wont give me root.I have made my USB cable extension out of the original and I'm sure I need to be root for the SD card to be mounted, light turns on and all and I have checked the pinouts a few times. USB stick definitely flashes once or twice and the light comes on and stays on, USB stick is fat 32 also. Root access is all I can think of thats stopping my device from working to it's fullest.Would love some advice or help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That could be it imayoda. I might have a bit more of a play tonight. The USB stick I have is only 256mb and i've had it a while, doesn't show up on device but lights up the same as when plugged into my computer so I have part of the USB pinout right. I have tried swapping the + and - around as it's definitely getting power. Thing is, in the thread regarding the USB mod. The cable colours are different to mine, mine are red, yellow blue and brown. The cable pics on the other thread are all custom. All I did to mine was remove the casing on the original, swap the pinouts round to match the pics in the other thread (I consulted a USB pinout diagram first and checked the male end to figure out what each colour was) and I thought I was good to go.I haven't had much luck with some apk's installing ATM either, I think I might reflash?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.