Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Hello All,

In this post is a relatively basic .BAT script.

[hr]
Download Link: Mediafire.com - Tasselhof-RootScript.rar

Alternate Link: DropBox.com - Tasselhof-RootScript.rar

This is a straightforward script.
It's sole purpose is to get your device rooted and provide the tools to verify it.
- Cleaned Up some extra unneeded files and added the Android Market App Upgrade from ContemptX! - Thanks!

I have added some options to Disable and Enable services to hopefully help with battery life.

**IMPORTANT PRE-CHECK LIST**

Connect your tablet using the OTG port (normal procedure)
-
YOU MUST USE THE INCLUDED USB CABLE
Make sure USB Debugging is ENABLED

- Settings --> Applications --> Development --> USB debugging (Green Checkmark)
Make sure to check Device Manager to ensure that there aren't any devices with a yellow exclamation mark.
- Right Click on My Computer --> Manage Device --> Device Manager
Here is a link to a driver package I created... (not positive it contains the needed one for this device, but it is a good place to start)
- Download Link: Mediafire.com - Android-USB-MultipleDriverPack.rar

http://www.mediafire...763ybcba6zmwfc8

1 Download
2 Extract
3 Copy 'adb' from you android sdk to extracted folder.
4 Run script
5 Enjoy

I tried it only on mac, but i think it must work in linux too. =)

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
MrTasselhof, great script that you've provided.
But my android market shows download error when I tried to download and install an app. It happens for the market that comes with the tablet and the upgraded market that you provided. Do you have any clue or solution? Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
MrTasselhof, great script that you've provided.
But my android market shows download error when I tried to download and install an app. It happens for the market that comes with the tablet and the upgraded market that you provided. Do you have any clue or solution? Thanks.
I've solved the problem by creating another google account and switching between the 2 accounts a few times, after which i can download and install apps with my original google account.
Google maps and angry birds are shown as not compatible with this device though. Is there a way to improve the compatibility? I recall there's a way to make the device to be recognized as another device that's more compatible.
Anyway, G9 has a nice built (slim with metal back) with beautiful IPS screen. Probably the best 9.7 inch china tablet currently...

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've solved the problem by creating another google account and switching between the 2 accounts a few times, after which i can download and install apps with my original google account.
Google maps and angry birds are shown as not compatible with this device though. Is there a way to improve the compatibility? I recall there's a way to make the device to be recognized as another device that's more compatible.
Anyway, G9 has a nice built (slim with metal back) with beautiful IPS screen. Probably the best 9.7 inch china tablet currently...
You would need to modify the build.prop.

Someone could probably take one of the scripts from the Aurora... Ivanz or Almaz... and modify it accordingly to work with the Gemei G9...

Tasselhof

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have already update the firmware to version 1.1. While trying to run the script, my computer cannot detect my device. Option 1 shows no device listed. Try to fix the problem and it says that driver not found. Need help!

·
Registered
47 Posts
install the USB driver include in the rar file to fix your problem.
I open up the driver folder, but could find any application or exe file, all i see are sys files, dll files and set info files. How can I install the USB driver?

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I open up the driver folder, but could find any application or exe file, all i see are sys files, dll files and set info files. How can I install the USB driver?
Try this one:
BlueEyes, on 06 March 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

Hello MrTasselhof, about the usb drivers. the ones you provided didnt work. neither did the ones in the firmware. but i found these:
http://tabletrepubli...ecific-556.html
(scroll down to "GoldBond drivers have worked from some...")

might be my 64bit Windows 7 being the reason that yours didnt work. you might want to add this download link so ppl know what to do when
they run into the same problem i did :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Finally I got it to work!

Thanks Mr Tasselhof and jalhoucine for your help, you guys are wonderful!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Okay, now another little problem with Android market. After setting up my google account and hitting done, a grey page appears which indicate loading, but nothing happens. It just stays there with the loading wheel running. Can anyone help?

Edit: Okay, I followed the instructions from Mr Tasselhof's youtube and change the build fingerprint to the one shown in the vidoe, and everything is working nicely now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a dilemna. I was able to run mr tasslehoffs script and have achieved root. This tells me that I must have the proper usb driver on my windows 7 64 bit pc but when I attempt to run livesuite to downgrade from ics to 2.34 I get the "usb driver failed" when clicking livesuite.exe. Any help in getting the right driver installed would be appreciated. I really want the full capabilities afforded in gingerbread.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts