Android Tablets Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
New review of black Gemei G9 :

Review

I also have hang when browsing with opera mobile on site with lot of information or when I install application from the Market. I suppose it's software problem (stability firmware).
I have added a comment to the article to assist those reading it with finding solutions to some of the issues listed like Skype and Market Compatibility.

Tasselhof

·
Registered
27 Posts
Can anbody Help I cannot get my google calendar to sync and my keyboard has some letters that when pressed also carry out other actions ie.when I press n it also press's full stop
Any Help ?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had exactly the same problem with the screen/presses registering two presses, when I only touched one area. You need to flash a different firmware as the standard 4.10 that comes installed seems to have a lot of issues. Try the "firmwares" sticky forums at the top (link below) and install 4.15 chs rom, follow the instructions here:

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/32218-firmware-gemei-g9-chs-ice-cream-sandwich-ics-403-v415-2012-04-06/

Can anbody Help I cannot get my google calendar to sync and my keyboard has some letters that when pressed also carry out other actions ie.when I press n it also press's full stop
Any Help ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had exactly the same problem with the screen/presses registering two presses, when I only touched one area. You need to flash a different firmware as the standard 4.10 that comes installed seems to have a lot of issues. Try the "firmwares" sticky forums at the top (link below) and install 4.15 chs rom, follow the instructions here:

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/32218-firmware-gemei-g9-chs-ice-cream-sandwich-ics-403-v415-2012-04-06/
Had the same issue too. Flashing did the trick for me

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does anybody know if it's possible to get google calendar syncronized? or it's necessary to use it via browser?
I've aplied MrT superscript and GAPSS one, but did't get the option for calendar sync. Just mail and photos.

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi guys, i've seen that on this site: ahappydeal, the Gemei G9 is offered for only 155$. How have you found this tablet? Is it without Wifi or battery lacks?

·
Registered
36 Posts
hi, what can be the reason my new gemei g9 has such bad wifi connection? when I am in a diffrent room then my router is - I lose wifi signal but with pandigital planet (far less sofisticated tablet) I have signal?? I am very frustrated at this moment as "great wifi" on this tablet was one of 3 reasons I got this tablet.
Also, I was able to flash it yesterday using LiveSuit - but out of three FWs I was only successful with Gingerbread one. (works ok, but still freezes and wifi is same even with changed setting in advanced field). The other two fw-s got "successfuly" flashed but did not work at all - either got in stuck in loop while starting or froze on the first screen.

With Gingerbread on my tablet now - I did lose the strange sound while charging which I had before. That is positive outcome
(the only one really, plus the fact I am familiar with GB so it is easier to use) - if it was not for constant freezing and if it had better wifi connection, I'd be happy camper!

Last but not least - when I hold my tablet and kinda gently "shake" (= changing levels of positioning one hand holding the tablet is higher) - the tablet inside the "frame" is literally MOVING! not much - but noticable. I read somewhere here in forum other folks had this same problem and somebody did something to fix this... have to find it. BUT - could this be the wifi problem reason????

thanks in advance

·
Registered
36 Posts
Update - flashed a10, rooted with mr.T script & tweeked with sausage script - no freezing anymore, all fast and stable - sound while charching still there, horrible wifi remains (sitting next to my router I get -70! on wifî analyzor) . If not for the wifi troubles I'd be quite happy with my new gemei g9 by now.

What can be done to improve the wifi connection - anybody pleàse??

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've ordered a Gemei g9 with a black back cover.
And it has many problems. he crashes al the time.
I regret my purchase.

I'm gonna try to root en update the firmware for my gemei g9 because it has allot of problems. i hope that it's gonna work.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've ordered a Gemei g9 with a black back cover.
And it has many problems. he crashes al the time.
I regret my purchase.

I'm gonna try to root en update the firmware for my gemei g9 because it has allot of problems. i hope that it's gonna work.
Problem of motherboard! It's a crap hardware! I regret to not purchase the ACER A510! It's more expensive but it's a wonderful tablet and very stable!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have returned my gemei g9 back to merimobiles (lost in process of shipping cost altoghether about $70 combined - but at least I had no problem with receiving the original cost for the gemei). After "testdriving| samsung galaxy tab 2 - I bought it and I am very happy with this tablet (although the price was WAY over what I wanted: $345 + tax = almost $400!). This is awsome tablet.... too bad the gemei g9 was NOT working the way it was presented - if it was, i'd love to keep it
- price & design was really good

41 - 54 of 54 Posts