Android Tablets Forum banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
The stock/customized 1.28 firmware from us was based off Rockchip's 1.28 SDK. Cube's K8GT 1.0x firmware is based off Rockchip's 2.1 SDK. ie, much newer, faster & better looking SDK. Still based on Gingerbread 2.3 but has better performance and uses Android 3 UI. Too bad I could not find a working SDK 2.1 firmware version with camera and HDMI though. That would have been perfect for our tablets.

P75HD is using AllWinner A10 ARM chip. This is only about 30% better than what you have now. Better to get tablet with either RK3066 or 8726-MX (AKA 8726-M6) which are 1.5GHz dual core CPUs + dual or quad core GPUs. Those are more powerful ARM chips and will give 250% or more performance to what you have today. RK3066 is better choice out of the two and one that I prefer but either one should be good to get.

Ainol Elf-II w/TFT screen (out now: $125 or less shipped) and Aurora-II w/IPS screen (out end of June: pre-order for $160 or less shipped) both use 8726-M6 chip. Only downside is that Flash in web browser, BBC iPlayer & Netflix may not work properly or well. Otherwise Youtube app and everything else will work really fast and great. Or wait 3-4 months for other companies, like Onda or Cube, to release 7" 8726-MX or RK3066 tablets. Cube may use RK3066 for 7" since that is what their 9.7 & 10.1" tablets are switching over to.
The problem is that most manufacturers are focusing on their newer products. Wopad seems to have died off after releasing Wopad i7 and i8. I definitely did not count on them being so inactive in releasing updated firmware. At the moment, I will be avoiding Wopad for a long time. I may go with Aurora II or Onda. I still hope to get a 7" tablet instead of a bigger 8-10" one. I will keep a lookout for RK3066 and 8726-MX devices.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I solved the problem of mirror screen, but now the wifi fails me, I think I can never have both. Just thanks for the help, if you think something porfa let me know (;
Armi, how did you solved the mirror problem?.

(Hablás español? Yo también tengo una tablet Titan 7005 y estoy a la búsqueda de una ROM con sdk 2.1, rooteada y que le funcione el WIFI. Si estás o estuviste igual que yo, hablame por PM por favor).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nickos-V could you please put new link to firmware for i7 clone with Realtek RTL8188. The original link directing to mediafire is pointing to null. I have same firmware that big stan got on his wopad clone. It would be cool to install your modded one to my i7.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Nickos-V could you please put new link to firmware for i7 clone with Realtek RTL8188. The original link directing to mediafire is pointing to null. I have same firmware that big stan got on his wopad clone. It would be cool to install your modded one to my i7.
I checked but could not find that firmware on my disk drive. Can you ask Big Stan to upload copy for you in PM?

I believe original firmware is based off of this:
http://www.yuandaocn.com/download.aspx?key=12r

But mine does a few fixes to improve overall responsiveness.

The N12 has exact hardware as Wopad i7. N12R is Wopad i7 w/RTL8188 network chip.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I checked but could not find that firmware on my disk drive. Can you ask Big Stan to upload copy for you in PM?

I believe original firmware is based off of this:
http://www.yuandaocn.com/download.aspx?key=12r

But mine does a few fixes to improve overall responsiveness.

The N12 has exact hardware as Wopad i7. N12R is Wopad i7 w/RTL8188 network chip.
Thank you Nickos-V I started to download it. What software did you use to mod the rom?
I am newbie with android(as matter of fact the i7 clone is my daughters) but I know well
linux. So I decided that I'll play with my daughters pad and check what it can do with it. Hope not to break it
in the process :) .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you Nickos-V I started to download it. What software did you use to mod the rom?
I am newbie with android(as matter of fact the i7 clone is my daughters) but I know well
linux. So I decided that I'll play with my daughters pad and check what it can do with it. Hope not to break it
in the process :) .
I just rooted i7 and downloaded ES file explorer. With that I mounted system and removed annoying boot sounds.
What else is doable with file explorer? Or should I start modding existing firmware? I would like to remove chinese keyboard and add finnish or swedish keyboard instead. How can I change keyboard?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
I just rooted i7 and downloaded ES file explorer. With that I mounted system and removed annoying boot sounds.
What else is doable with file explorer? Or should I start modding existing firmware? I would like to remove chinese keyboard and add finnish or swedish keyboard instead. How can I change keyboard?
OK. Good you have it rooted. Makes things very easy.
#1. Change to English in settings. Probably done already?
#2. go to: /system/app (system folder for APKs)
Keep LatinIME.apk (English keyboard). Remove the other IME apk which is for Chinese. Delete any Chinese apks you do not want.
#3. Download my changed build.prop that says sgs2. It will help improve tablet responsiveness and increase Google Play app listing.
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/30766-best-buildprop-for-fullest-market/page__view__findpost__p__334603
a] go to: /system
b] copy or move my build.prop.sgs2.txt there
c] rename your build.prop to build.prop.old
d] rename my build.prop.sgs2.txt to build.prop
e] reboot tablet to take effect
#4. For different keyboard, you will need to find the right APK for it. You can try Google's Play site: https://play.google.com/store
Or maybe able to find it on the Internet. I have no other idea where to get Android keyboards.

That is very close to what I have done with the i7.

PS, /data/app is where user APKs get installed to. Those can be removed with Android OS. APKs installed in system folder can only be removed by deleting them but you should stop them first (make sure not running).

PPS, if you decide to copy any APKs into your system folder make sure they work. Some may not install properly if doing this. Maybe because of deodexed?

·
Registered
5 Posts
OK. Good you have it rooted. Makes things very easy.
#1. Change to English in settings. Probably done already?
#2. go to: /system/app (system folder for APKs)
Keep LatinIME.apk (English keyboard). Remove the other IME apk which is for Chinese. Delete any Chinese apks you do not want.
#3. Download my changed build.prop that says sgs2. It will help improve tablet responsiveness and increase Google Play app listing.
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/30766-best-buildprop-for-fullest-market/page__view__findpost__p__334603
a] go to: /system
b] copy or move my build.prop.sgs2.txt there
c] rename your build.prop to build.prop.old
d] rename my build.prop.sgs2.txt to build.prop
e] reboot tablet to take effect
#4. For different keyboard, you will need to find the right APK for it. You can try Google's Play site: https://play.google.com/store
Or maybe able to find it on the Internet. I have no other idea where to get Android keyboards.

That is very close to what I have done with the i7.

PS, /data/app is where user APKs get installed to. Those can be removed with Android OS. APKs installed in system folder can only be removed by deleting them but you should stop them first (make sure not running).

PPS, if you decide to copy any APKs into your system folder make sure they work. Some may not install properly if doing this. Maybe because of deodexed?
Thank you again. I solved the keyboard issue last night by my own. I'll try your build.prop. I downloaded scandinavian keyboard from market and it works perfectly after I got rid off Chinese keys.
I noticed that there is term.apk in /system/app folder. Is there any way to execute term.apk? It would be nice to have term and execute basic commands on it.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
I noticed that there is term.apk in /system/app folder. Is there any way to execute term.apk? It would be nice to have term and execute basic commands on it.
I was thinking term.apk was for terminal too but could not find anyway to run it. So, I installed "Android Terminal Emulator" from Google Play instead and that works great for me.

My build.prop will improve tablet responsiveness and battery life. It also will make your tablet look like SGS2 phone which will allow you to download more apps off of Google Play.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was thinking term.apk was for terminal too but could not find anyway to run it. So, I installed "Android Terminal Emulator" from Google Play instead and that works great for me.

My build.prop will improve tablet responsiveness and battery life. It also will make your tablet look like SGS2 phone which will allow you to download more apps off of Google Play.
Thank you again
. I read that you modified memory sizes as well. How did you do that with terminal or editing some config file?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Thank you again
. I read that you modified memory sizes as well. How did you do that with terminal or editing some config file?
I think you mean partition or disk or ROM layout. =) When you said memory I was first thinking you meant I was able to get the tablet more RAM back. ie, I had shown what was using up the RAM and why we were left with 270 MB from 512 MB but have no way to increase available memory.

To change partition sizes you have to change the parameter file. It means changing the hex values. If your image is multiple files (the previous flash method) then you can just go in and edit parameter file while using calculator in hex mode. If you have 1 image file (new flash method), you need to use a tool (linked below) to split that 1 image file into multiple files and then edit parameter file. In any case, you will have to reflash your tablet with "Restore". Use Upgrade if Restore fails for you. After, you will boot the tablet and it will recreate and format those partitions.

The parameter file specifies the size & locations of the different partitions in the flash ROM. You have to watch out for both when editing it.

Pretty sure I used Wendal's RK29xx Image tools to unpack SDK 2.1 images:
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/19808-rk29xx-imagetools-v21/

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
"Invalid or Deleted File"

Can you upload these files again?
I will have a look. I may still have the i7 firmware. I may have deleted the other one.

What tablet do you have? Do you know if it has Atheros or Realtek WiFi?

PS, if you have i7 or similar tablet (w/Atheros WiFi) you can use Yuandao's N12 firmware. But with Realtek WiFi, N12R (or N12C?) should work.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts