Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have just received my Crystal Batch 1 from the repair center (they replaced faulty NAND) and I noticed that someone forgot to install gapps. Thus, I cannot sign in with my google account or install any application (no google Play)

It would be easiest to send the tablet back, but since it was there almost 2 months I prefer to deal with in on my own. I downloaded gapps for the JB 4.1.1 and tried to install it but no effect so far. I tried two different gapps files with use of stock and TWRP flasher. No effect...

Any advice ?

Thanks

Sebastian

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
You'll have to identify which version of Android you are running and then find the Amlogic gapps package for that version. The best way to do that is find a custom ROM with a flashable gapps package. Otherwise you could flash a custom ROM instead.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

It is stock rom for batch 1, compilation no. 20120928, JB 4.1.1. I tried to flash two variants of universal gapps - 20120726 and 20121011. I cannot find the dedicated amlogic gapps for 4.1.1. Thus, it seems that the best option is the one proposed by you.

Thanks.

Sebastian

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
The one for CM10 should work then. There is a link in this thread. If you decide to go the custom ROM route, my ROM Crystal Clear is a modified stock ROM and has some of the gapps built in, but not all of them. Any additional ones you want can be downloaded from the play store. Also Christian Troy's CyanogenMod ROM's are great, I would suggst CM10.2 for the most stability.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts