Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I can't get any gamepad working on my chuwi, I installed joystick center app, and it didn't recognize my xbox wireless controller, also when I connect a generic gamepad the app hangs. Im running official 4.2.2 rooted. do you guys have any hint how can I get this work? maybe some drivers I should install? (I can use these two gamepads on my s2 with no issues)
thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello,

I can't get any gamepad working on my chuwi, I installed joystick center app, and it didn't recognize my xbox wireless controller, also when I connect a generic gamepad the app hangs. Im running official 4.2.2 rooted. do you guys have any hint how can I get this work? maybe some drivers I should install? (I can use these two gamepads on my s2 with no issues)
thanks
I also experimented with this with an xbox wireless controller and also a wiimote. The wiimote only works with 4.1, f.e. Timeless repack. For the xbox wireless controller you need to copy some addition files. Follow this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1792531

It may also help to use a build that spoofs your device as a nexus 7 or asus transformer.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response, Did It work for you? I use market helper to spoof the Chuwi v88 as Nexus 7, I copied the 3 files ( 219.kl , 719.kl and 719.kcm), Set the permissions with root explorer , restart the device but I still have the same problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nop, I tried xbox360 controller with the wireless dongle and it didn't recognize it at all, also tryed a generic controller that it does recognize but the joystick center app crashes , I'll keep trying but I would like to know what config works for you on your chuwi, what Rom + gamepad + app do you use? Thanks a lot

·
Registered
27 Posts
Flashed timeless edition v1 today and also wasnt able to get the gamepad recognised, although i could use it in home menus and in joystick center. But dead trigger didnt see it. Also couldnt manage to get touch server worker. I am pretty sure it all worked under oma rom.

·
Registered
18 Posts
For the record, Sixaxis (for PS3 controllers via Bluetooth) is also not working in 4.2.2. Was working fine in 4.1.1.

May not directly be an issue with the Chuwi though - there's quite a few reports of Sixaxis not working on various devices running 4.2.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts