Tools ::
Update manual <see below>
Driver(XP) <here> (not tested yet)
Root trough recovery <see below()> tested aok

App's ::

_nothing yet

Tip's ::
- Review: NoteBookCheck and here

- Battery replacement hack: translated from Chinese <here>(for future reference)
- In buildprop set dpi to 120 instead of 180.(root needed) sets the interface to tablet mode. small text may look less sharp so enlarge them in 'Settings'.

- or install UDN Pro from the store

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts

Rom's ::

Update Procedure:

1. Download the zipped firmware file (6.xx.xx.xx.rar).

2. Unzipped the firmware file and save the folder p9202.v1 into the root directory of your microSD card (TF card).

3. Power off your Galapad G1, and then insert microSD card into your Galapad G1.

4. Press and hold "volume (+)" & "volume (-)" button, and "On/Off "button simultaneously to enter update mode.
Release buttons when you see "UPDATE" shown on the screen. Wait for approximate 3 min to complete update process.

5. After update completed, press and hold "On/Off" button for approximate 10 sec to power off.
Official ROM :

jb 4.1.1

from Galapad site
- Version 6.02.01 <here> (05/12/13)
- Version 6.04.07.0A <here>
- Version 6.05.00.0A <here>
- Version 6.06.02.0A <here> (06/12/13)tested aok
Update to Google Mobile Services.
<!>Mirror are appreciated

jb 4.2

_nothing yet..

Custom ROM :

Baby Streamlined v1.0(jb4.1.1) <here> not tested and experimental
CrazyKingHunter streamlined v1.0 <here>not tested and experimental

Some links :

GALAPAD Home
(Eng)

* Chinese Galapad forum 1 : <here> translated
* Chinese Galapad forum 2 : <here> translated
* Russian forum : <here> translated
* Polski(?) forum : <here>
* English forum <here>

Got something? Please share below.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Pros
- fast and speedy gaming experience.
- no UI lag what so ever. fast boot and load times.
- screen is good, nice colors and very bright at high. Resolution is ok, but's no HD or full HD.
- fast and good wifi and bt.
- gps works perfectly.
- build quality is very good. little bit classy. but an fingerprint magnet. putting an anti FP protect back and front is no luxury.
- usb 2.0 host(usb sticks, controllers, wireless keyb/mouse etc..)
- very fast battery recharge time. from 10% to full in less then 1h.
- Tegra support! games look great.

Cons
- Speakers are awful. real ear bleeders.There ok for some gaming and Dance music, but unacceptable in the

high vocal range for like Pop music and movies. Use your headphones or bt setup!

(edit; could be I have an defect speaker. I just added an little piece of thin adhesive over the top one to reduce the high pitch)
- battery drains somewhat fast(3h to 4h active, depending) this needs some testing to confirm. could be an calibration problem but probably an cpu power profile thing. In any case an bigger or better battery would be best.

amvr.png

·
Registered
3 Posts
This was one of the choices of tablets I considered getting for my dad but unfortunately, that low res screen put me off. If it had something like 1280x800 then it's a no brainer for a cheap tablet!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It will depend on the quality of the screen. Higher is better depending on the use of the device.
I also noticed that using an multi layer crystal screen protector it actually makes the screen look even better.

Just ordered one of these on sale and although there was one with an 1280 screen in the price range, this one
has still the superior specs. If you have 200+$ to spare, then I would go for an Tegra 4 or maybe an Nexus 7 which
does have an awesome screen. But considering I paid only 93$ on sale for the Galapad, one can say that is great deal.

All in all 1024*768 IPS screen is an more then enjoyable configuration for on 7" device. I you are looking for
an device in the 90$ price range with BT then the Galapad is the next best thing if you can find one on sale.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried to make an update to my galapad G1, then the update failed, now I can not normally start my tablet. At startup enters recovery.
Someone can help me?
I'm new and I can not do downloads.
Thank you :help:

·
Registered
2 Posts
what update did u do? firmware or root? i want to root my galapad G1 but im afraid its too risky coz nobody replied here if its ok to use the root via recovery.zip..

by the way i updated my galapad latest firmware and it runs fine and for now havent encountered any problems yet.. but i need to root my device coz the battery drains too fast.. maybe bcoz i downloaded too many games already, my 32gig microSD is almost full lol

please if any1 already tried rooting ur galapad G1 let me know if it works fine with u guyz ty

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got recently this galapad and wonder if you can show a screenshot of the custom rom and make an original rom for backup?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts