Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Item Type: Tablet PC Tablet

Data Capacity: 16GB

Network Communiction: Bluetooth,Wifi,External 3G Extend Port: DC Jack,Earphone Jack,TF card,USB

Brand Name: GALAPAD

Package: Yes

Net Weight: 540G

Supporting Language: English,Russian,Spanish,Swedish,Portuguese,Turkish,Italian,German,Chinese,French,Japanese,Polish,Ukrainian,Greek,Hebrew Camera: Second Webcam

Processor Manufacture: Nvidia

Touch Screen Type: Capacitive Screen

Processor Main Frequency: Quad Core 1.8

Feature: GPS,Multi Touch,HDMI,G Sensor,Ultra Slim,Dual Cameras

Memory Capacity: 2GB

Second Webcam Pixels: 5MP

Operating System: Android 4.4.2

Display resolution: 1920x1200

Cell Capacity: 7800mAh

Processor Model: Tegra4 Quad-core 1.8GHz CPU

Screen Size: 10.1 GALAXY Model: Galaz A1

Color: Black Screen: 10.1" 10-point Retina IPS touch screen 1920*1200

Webcam: Front 0.2 mega pixels; Back 5.0 mege pixels

Just purchased this tablet from http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DHL-Freeshipping-10-1inch-Retina-IPS1920-1200-Galapad-Galaz-A1-Tegra4-Quad-Core-Tablet-PC-Android/1882375653.html Best Review seen: http://www.igadgetnews.com/2014/04/28/galaxy-galaz-a1-tegra4-quad-core-tablet-review/ If anyone has seen or have this tablet please let me know. So far, its the best Tegra 4 tablet to date. I know that Xiamo have their Tegra K1, however I dont want a 8inch tablet nor do I want it to have MI for the OS. Thanks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Do you know where i can find a custom recovery?
Have no clue. This tablet is not popular enough to become a target of experimenting worldwide. Maybe someone in China made a custom recovery for it, but one have to read and write chinese to search forums there.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I've been searching as well and haven't really found anything. The only site I know that is still active on this tablet is 4PDA.ru but its harder to understand. That and I dont understand russian. Maybe one of our Russian brothers could help us out

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah I've been searching as well and haven't really found anything. The only site I know that is still active on this tablet is 4PDA.ru but its harder to understand. That and I dont understand russian. Maybe one of our Russian brothers could help us out
The discussion of Galaz A1 there is rather apathetic compared to some threads dedicated to lackluster but anyway popular devices (like ainol spark). Google translate, by the way, works MUCH better for russian than for chinese, i assure you )

Did you ever get the play store to work on this tablet
Yes. It was shipped with pre-installed google play (installed by the seller, i presume), but after updating the firmware i had to install google play again. It is flashable via original recovery (boot with power + volume down pressed). Flashable zip with google play is among the files by the link i have referenced above.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Frost, if you take a look at the link you posted, apparently there have been some updates added. A new gapp is available mark 1215.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, I have that one, but I think the user who post on that site was trying to figure out the same thing i was, what certificates will allow me to get a verified signature when trying to flash the tool

1 - 20 of 57 Posts