Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone have problems with system stability? I have crashing problems with all firmware versions, especially with latest 20120709.
Previous one (20120627) was a little bit better but still there is no really chance e.g. to play games long enough.

I made video where it is visible how system behaves.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
5 Posts
My new G9T does not completely crash. But all browsers I tried so far (bundled, Dolphin, Opera mobile) vanish / crash every now and then. Angry birds also crashed once. I think it runs with the firmware of late June.

For the Gemei G9 I read that some people had to underclock to make the device stable. You could try that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Having stability issues with my device as well.

Had my G9T for less than a week. Worked perfectly on arrival. I rooted it, changed the boot.prop so I could get what I wanted to off Google Play and all was groovy. Was working find until an hour ago when it rebooted itself. Now it won't complete the boot cycle. It halts at the Gemei logo. Tried holding in the power button to turn it off and then on again and also tried the back reset button, neither resulting in any change to booting. Trying to find a fix but I really don't know what I'm doing. If I stub my toe on a solution I'll update.

-about an hour later-

Just thought I'd update with a little progress report.
Managed to get into system recovery. On the G9T you hold the back button down and then hit power. Slightly different to my HTC phone but it didn't take me long to figure out. Here's the damage

E:Bad bootloader arguments
"(null)"
E:failed to mount /sdcard (No such file or directory)
E: cannot mount /sdcard (No such file or directory)
E:Can't mount /sdcard/factory_update_param.aml
E:unknown volume for path [/udisk/factory_update_param.aml]
E:Can't mount /udisk/factory_update_param.aml
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:Error in /cache/recovery/last_log
(No space left on device)
About to try a factory reset. Doubt that will be successful but it's something to do while I figure out how to flash this thing. Figures crossed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sort of.

Factory reset got the tablet to complete the boot cycle but whenever the screen went to sleep it would reboot of it's own accord and halt the boot cycle at the same location and I had to boot into recovery mode and repeat the process.

Since I was planning on flashing the ROM anyway, in recovery mode about the 4th time around I deleted the media data just to see what would happen. It stopped the tablet from rebooting when the screen went to sleep but none of the applications would run. Just a string of force quits.

What I've since done is download the firmware of the Gemei website onto my computer, transfer to microSD, boot my tablet into recovery mode and then apply the firmware. The official firmware off the website only comes with a handful of apps and Google Play is not one of them. Shouldn't have been a big deal, except that now that I've downloaded the Google Play apk file the tablet won't run it.

Back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone have problems with system stability?
Yes, I do!

I got my G9T yesterday, and have tried and enjoyed it yesterday and today. Suddenly, after not being used for a couple of hours:

-Whenever I turn the tablet on, it works fine for about a minute
-Then all programs closes, and only the wallpaper is shown. All buttons (physical and on-screen) stops working.
-I have to force stutdown, or the wallpaper just stay on the screen.
-This happens every time i try to turn on the unit, so it's practically useless right now.

I tried to do a factory reset to see if that could help, but the problem is still exactly the same.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes, I do!

I got my G9T yesterday, and have tried and enjoyed it yesterday and today. Suddenly, after not being used for a couple of hours:

-Whenever I turn the tablet on, it works fine for about a minute
-Then all programs closes, and only the wallpaper is shown. All buttons (physical and on-screen) stops working.
-I have to force stutdown, or the wallpaper just stay on the screen.
-This happens every time i try to turn on the unit, so it's practically useless right now.

I tried to do a factory reset to see if that could help, but the problem is still exactly the same.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!
On which firmware (OS version) are you on? 4.0.4? I've seen that problem before where the UI would crash. No idea why but it seems like it was my bootanimation crashing it so I just delete it and now only have the Android flashing as a boot animation which is fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
On which firmware (OS version) are you on? 4.0.4? I've seen that problem before where the UI would crash. No idea why but it seems like it was my bootanimation crashing it so I just delete it and now only have the Android flashing as a boot animation which is fine.
Thanks for the quick respond!

Yes, I'm on 4.0.4, I forgot to mention! Sounds a lot like the same problem, so it's really worth a try. Is there an easy way to delete the Gemei boot animation?

As you probably have understood, I'm quite new to this stuff. But I'm a fast learner and I'm really happy for the help of experienced guys!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the quick respond!

Yes, I'm on 4.0.4, I forgot to mention! Sounds a lot like the same problem, so it's really worth a try. Is there an easy way to delete the Gemei boot animation?

As you probably have understood, I'm quite new to this stuff. But I'm a fast learner and I'm really happy for the help of experienced guys!
Well you'll need to have your G9T rooted in the first place to have r/w access to the system folder.
When you have root, you have an app called root explorer in the apps launcher. Launch it then go in system, media, hold your finger on bootnimation.zip then delete it or just rename it if you feel safer but trust me it doesn't matter if you have a "custom bootanimation" there or not, it will just use the default Android bootanimation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well you'll need to have your G9T rooted in the first place to have r/w access to the system folder.
When you have root, you have an app called root explorer in the apps launcher. Launch it then go in system, media, hold your finger on bootnimation.zip then delete it or just rename it if you feel safer but trust me it doesn't matter if you have a "custom bootanimation" there or not, it will just use the default Android bootanimation.
Well, the rootscript worked fine and I deleted the Gemei bootanimation. Did a reboot to check if it was successful.
-First at boot, the usual Andriod guy is shown
-Then the Gemei logo shows for a couple of seconds
-Then the standatd Android animation.
-The second Gemei-animation that used to be there is gone
-My problem is unchanged, the UI still crashes after about a minute.

So, I'm thinking there might be two custom Gemei bootanimations, since there's still one left after I deleted the first one. I'll try to search trough the RootExplorer for another one and see if it might help to remove that one as well.

If not successful, i guess it will be possible to change the OS to 4.0.3 and check stability? I'll have that as an option.

Thanks again for your help

·
Registered
47 Posts
The first one is called the splash screen. You won't be able to remove it unless you use fwdn software and overide the gimp file. On my tablet, I only have one Gemei animation then the Android flashing appears. You can still search somewhere else, can't remember if I removed another one. Usually in system/resources or somewhere like that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello I also have a problem with my G9T it looks similar to the others above. I have rooted the tablet and changed the boot.prop to download all apps. But sometimes when it is in standby mode and I press the power button to unlock it, it doesn't respond. The only way to get it working again is to hold the power button untill a noise (tsik) sounds and then turn it back on.I have android 4.0.3.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Same problem here... I think that the problem is due to wifi management and driver. Could you test if it happens when wifi is turned off?

With JB 4.1.1 firmware..., Wifi disconnects and when you try to unlock the tablet from standby mode it doesn't respond, you need to hold power button till power off, and reload. Same was happening on 4.04 firmware but it is worse on 4.1.1 firmware.

Hello I also have a problem with my G9T it looks similar to the others above. I have rooted the tablet and changed the boot.prop to download all apps. But sometimes when it is in standby mode and I press the power button to unlock it, it doesn't respond. The only way to get it working again is to hold the power button untill a noise (tsik) sounds and then turn it back on.I have android 4.0.3.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same problem here... I think that the problem is due to wifi management and driver. Could you test if it happens when wifi is turned off?

With JB 4.1.1 firmware..., Wifi disconnects and when you try to unlock the tablet from standby mode it doesn't respond, you need to hold power button till power off, and reload. Same was happening on 4.04 firmware but it is worse on 4.1.1 firmware.
It is possible. I realized it now because you said it. It stays on for hours without wi-fi. But it doesn't last long with the wifi open.
Does anyone else have this problem?
Is there anything we can do to fix it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts