Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
TeamDRH
981 Posts
When I read this thread I had to sign up and respond. For the past two days I have been dealing with the same issue as you. My gtab won't boot past the birds. At first it would boot into clockworkmod, however, when I ran a stock recovery I now cannot get past the birds.

The timing seems like more than a coincidence, but it may be just that. Both of our gtab's bricked at the same time???

Mine is older than 12 months, no warranty. If you have any success, I'd appreciate an update to this thread.

Thanks
Strick9,

Your situation may be more recoverable. You went back to stock recovery which is not Clockworkmod. It relies on seeing a valid update.zip on the internal memory and a recovery folder with the proper command file. Refer back to first page of Flashback thread and 'option 3' NVFlash package. Try running it via the Windows readme file included, if you are running Linux use that readme. See what happens. The should at least give you back access to CWM.

If you still are stuck at 'the damn birds', then try the format file that is also included in the post. http://www.slatedroi...post__p__263021

If that too fails, go to this site and read heavily into what goodintentions has to offer there. http://viewsonic-gta...mmies.webs.com/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Strick9,

Your situation may be more recoverable. You went back to stock recovery which is not Clockworkmod. It relies on seeing a valid update.zip on the internal memory and a recovery folder with the proper command file. Refer back to first page of Flashback thread and 'option 3' NVFlash package. Try running it via the Windows readme file included, if you are running Linux use that readme. See what happens. The should at least give you back access to CWM.

If you still are stuck at 'the damn birds', then try the format file that is also included in the post. http://www.slatedroi...post__p__263021

If that too fails, go to this site and read heavily into what goodintentions has to offer there. http://viewsonic-gta...mmies.webs.com/
You were right on the money. I followed the last link (at the dummies site) and got everything rolling again.

Thanks so much. I hope Lou can get back as well. I'm off to reload my apps.

Thanks!

·
TeamDRH
981 Posts

·
TeamDRH
981 Posts
I'll have to hunt down my damn receipt.
I think the patience will pay off. Please post back and let us know how it turns out.

Remember the patience part.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well, I spent the last couple of week still trying to revive this thing, and still nothing works. I've formatted. Flashed stock 1.1 and 1.2 ROMS. Flashed stock recovery and CWM Recovery, and I can't get into recovery mode, or boot past the birds. Every time I flash, it appears successful, and I get no error messages. If I try to go into recovery mode, it just hangs on the message that it's booting into recovery. If I try to boot normally, it hangs at the birds.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is fricking scary and I wish I'd seen this post before installing Flashback..

I assume by the lack of posts that no resolution was ever found to this?

My situation: I'd flashed a couple of other ROMS and had a perfectly running gTab on 1.1 ROMs for several months, most recently CM7.x... Just out of curiosity and that desire to tinker with things, I decided I was going to upgrade to either Flashback or the newer ICS beta ROM.. Well, after seeing much positive feedback on Flashback I went with that one. I followed all the steps, upgraded to 1.2, played with the stock tap n touch before deciding it wouldn't be enough to keep me content, cleared everything, installed flashback 10.3 and had played with it for several hours, customizing it, etc.. The battery life was still ~60% full and I went to do a normal Reboot, and BAM: nothing but birds....

Can't get into recovery, can't do anything.. Just birds.. Wow.. Has any one had ANY luck with this? RMA or otherwise?

Why the heck would a tablet be running perfectly corrupt itself on reboot?

This is terribly depressing..

·
Registered
53 Posts
This is fricking scary and I wish I'd seen this post before installing Flashback..

I assume by the lack of posts that no resolution was ever found to this?

My situation: I'd flashed a couple of other ROMS and had a perfectly running gTab on 1.1 ROMs for several months, most recently CM7.x... Just out of curiosity and that desire to tinker with things, I decided I was going to upgrade to either Flashback or the newer ICS beta ROM.. Well, after seeing much positive feedback on Flashback I went with that one. I followed all the steps, upgraded to 1.2, played with the stock tap n touch before deciding it wouldn't be enough to keep me content, cleared everything, installed flashback 10.3 and had played with it for several hours, customizing it, etc.. The battery life was still ~60% full and I went to do a normal Reboot, and BAM: nothing but birds....

Can't get into recovery, can't do anything.. Just birds.. Wow.. Has any one had ANY luck with this? RMA or otherwise?

Why the heck would a tablet be running perfectly corrupt itself on reboot?

This is terribly depressing..
I have experienced this issue, installing a ROM and then reset would get me to the birds and no Recovery or CWM either. The solution i found is to NVFLASH to 1.2 branch with or without CWM. It is always good to boot into the stock and let it normalize for a bit and then flash your custom Rom.

my steps are:
-NVFLASH to 1.2
-boot into stock tapntap
-let it load for about two or three minutes.
-shut down
-power on into CWM
-wipe data factory reset
-wipe cache
-wipe dalvik cache
-install ROM
-wipe data factory reset again
-wipe cache again
-wipe dalvik cache again
-reboot
-be patient
-cast out some magic
-Voilà!!!!!! you're there

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same problem; my gTablet will only boot to APX mode. I can NVFLASH whatever I want and it's successful, but I cannot boot to either the OS or to recovery mode. I've tried the NVFLASH format routine suggested under the Code Detox section of the gtablet for dummies site, followed by flashing the stock 1.2 4329 ROM. Both were successful (including the magic value mismatch after the format), but as soon as I shutdown, I can't boot into anything but APX mode.

I assume the bootloader and/or partition are corrupted, but if the format didn't fix it, what else can I do?

Any help is appreciated

·
Dragon Lady
6,471 Posts
I'm having the same problem; my gTablet will only boot to APX mode. I can NVFLASH whatever I want and it's successful, but I cannot boot to either the OS or to recovery mode. I've tried the NVFLASH format routine suggested under the Code Detox section of the gtablet for dummies site, followed by flashing the stock 1.2 4329 ROM. Both were successful (including the magic value mismatch after the format), but as soon as I shutdown, I can't boot into anything but APX mode.

I assume the bootloader and/or partition are corrupted, but if the format didn't fix it, what else can I do?

Any help is appreciated
Try this. http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/22124-how-to-recovery-when-gtab-does-not-turn-on-and-stay-in-apx-mode/

It works for mine Gtab everytime.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I haven't revisited my thread in a long time. I'm sorry to see others having the same issue I had. I don't recommend anyone doing what I finally did. I smashed my g-Tablet with my fist, and bought an Asus Transformer. So much for patience, but I tried everything under the sun to fix the problem, with no success.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts