Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clean ext. SD upgrade from 7_04 original FW to 7_24 FW. No issues in reinstalling Hacks & Apps.UI, touchscreen much more snappier. I believe the inputs about faster CPU, testing the battery impact from this.Wi-Fi is reported to be buggy. Here is my experience.1> New Wi-Fi scan after reboot found my home AP w/o problem. Log in OK, but log in time no faster.2> Went to work, tried to scan for work AP but never found anything. Had to kill the process.3> Rebooted the PDN and it found the work AP w/o problem and logged in OK.4> Let PDN go to sleep, waked up and found the work AP again. Reconnect time is no better than before.5> One benefit is that so far, it always reconnected correctly. 7_04 used to report a connection but sometimes would not get internet access.7_24 FW does seem to have a scanning Wi-Fi issue but still worth the upgrade.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
When mine goes to sleep and I wake it up the WiFi stays red and it continually scans but never finds and APs to connect to. The one I use is literally a few feet away. When I reboot the device it will scan see over 20 Aps including mine and then reconnect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
I also have trouble getting my wifi to come back on after my PDN slips into sleep. Sometimes I have luck just turning off wifi and turning it back on, but other times I have to reboot the device. Anyone have any ideas on this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
I updated using blazingwolf's version of the 7_24 firmware. I'm quite happy with the speed improvements.WiFi does not ever seem to connect for me straight out of sleep (from the PandaHome page or if I launch the browser). However, I have noticed that if I run the Settings app and click to the Wireless Networks menu, it will find my home router and connect right away while I wait on that page. I now just do this straight away when I turn it on. Kind of a pain but not terrible.Can't comment on battery life. I've only had the PD for a few days so never got a sense of it before the FW update.Alva
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
I installed the pc update from the PDN website since I decided to reload a few less apps etc.WiFi won't connect at all to the B&N upgrade and the signal keeps drifting between on and off.Very annoying since I can't get the upgrade from B&N's server.I do get email however so something's amiss.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
425 Posts
I've found that if I go into the network tab of PDsettings and force a scan by clicking the scan button I can restore connectivity. Not ideal but faster than rebooting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Had a bumpy update to 7_24 from 7_5 original but now that it is up, definitely much much more responsive unit.Wifi at home is working just fine, its open access so no problems connecting to it.The ereader software got a bump, as now there is a pop up to change the text font size before it just incremented the size of the font.Also previously on increased font sizes the reader would put text all the way down to the last possible line on the screen. That resulted in text being covered by the bottom "tab". Now the last line of text is above the tab, better user experience.Haven't really used it much for wifi yet, but do need to test that, as it will be part of my ongoing need for lightweight surf device when travelling.original purchase/firmware data infofw ver S10_07_05B_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POPBSP V0.01.003.20100705Wifi 2.3.0.0.July.01.2010Framework V1.0.07052010App V1.0._07052010Adobe 9.1.0Api browser source ID DL00000002----------------------------------------------------------on 7/30/2010 updated to:fw ver S10_07_24K_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POPBSP V0.01.003.20100723Wifi 2.3.0.0.July.01.2010Framework V1.0.07212010App V1.0._07242010Adobe 9.1.0Api browser source ID -now called SID: 1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Used blazingwolf's clean 7/24 update. The touchscreen is definitely snappier than before. On 7/5 it would lag when dragging items to the trashcan, but now they zip right along.I am having some of the same issues with the wifi that others are having, but then it was kinda flaky before the update. Wake from sleep takes about 30 seconds to reconnect about 80% of the time. The other 20% take turning wifi off then on. Not a huge thing, but it is kind of annoying. Wifi connections from power up take about a minute, and only work about 50% of the time.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top