Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. I'm new here but I'm not to xda-developers or my G1. I now have an ePad (same as Eken003) with '2.1-update1' on it. It's a little buggy, has some chinese apps, and does not have root when you type 'su' even with SuperUser.apk installed. I can remote ADB to it and su does work there.Questions:1) Does someone have this firmware file so I can flash back to it after trying Caffine and the one other ROM here? (or Q3: nandroid backup)2) If not does anyone want it? ...and if so how do I rip it? (other than "adb pull / rip/" which I have done)3) Do these things have a boot-loader? Can you install ClockworkMod or RA_Recovery or anything like that? Can you NANDROID?4) How are you guys getting Google Apps on there? I found a HiDef YouTube.apk that works, and was able to install a bunch of Google Apps from CM's google addon, but none other than News&Weather work. Many (Like GMail and SYNC) FC, others (like Market and GTalk) won't even install. I found the guide to getting Market working, but how are you installing it in the first place?5) These say they play 720p mkv, but with what? I can't find a RockPlayer.apk that works on them, and the included RealPlayer / Gallery Player will not touch .mkv.Thanks all. Once I get started on this I plan on releasing a custom 2.1 ROM (or maybe 2.2 if I can port CM6 to this). Are others already working on this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Interesting havent heard of 2.1 running on any slatedroids besides the kmart offering1) Does someone have this firmware file so I can flash back to it after trying Caffine and the one other ROM here? (or Q3: nandroid backup)No, to my knowledge no one does2) If not does anyone want it? ...and if so how do I rip it? (other than "adb pull / rip/" which I have done)I'm sure
even i would like to get my hands on it to play with 3) Do these things have a boot-loader? Can you install ClockworkMod or RA_Recovery or anything like that? Can you NANDROID?Someone else would need to answer this4) How are you guys getting Google Apps on there? I found a HiDef YouTube.apk that works, and was able to install a bunch of Google Apps from CM's google addon, but none other than News&Weather work. Many (Like GMail and SYNC) FC, others (like Market and GTalk) won't even install. I found the guide to getting Market working, but how are you installing it in the first place?Im doing manual installs downloading apk's on the phone and then transferring them. in most cases the apps arent autoscaling so you get like a quarter of a screen. market works apparently with the trick.5) These say they play 720p mkv, but with what? I can't find a RockPlayer.apk that works on them, and the included RealPlayer / Gallery Player will not touch .mkv.Havent tried .mkv got rockplayer to dl but also not to install/work correctly. the realplayer/galeryplayer die on me when trying to open large external media6)Thanks all. Once I get started on this I plan on releasing a custom 2.1 ROM (or maybe 2.2 if I can port CM6 to this). Are others already working on this?Look in the firmware section or eken m001 board development is alot more intensive there then in the m003 board.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, well I bricked it. Luckily I have 2.In an effort to get GoogleApps, I downloaded a ROM from here (M003 SlateDroid 1.3), then I extracted it, the I did an ADB REMOUNT, and finally I pushed all of system/app/*.apk over (the APKs would not ADB INSTALL as they were missing dependencies).After rebooting it gets stuck on the flashing metal ANDROID splash screen and wont go further. After that I tried flashing... I tried each of SlatDroid 1.3, Caffine, and ZeroMod on the sdcard/script folder. It still does the same thing, and I can't tell if it is even flashing a ROM or not. How do you tell?If I just turn it on it just seems to boot normally and get stuck. If I hold the big round button while pressing power, the light comes on but the screen stays off (also in this mode the mini-USB appears as a device on a PC's USB port, but not an android device that I could ADB to). After about 5 min the screen will turn on and it will get stuck in the same place. I have the ethernet dongle, but cannot seem to ADB CONNECT to it on that while booting, so I have no idea what to do next.How do I even know if I have a Eken 003? The people in China I got them from call it a ZT180...Product Name:10.1"Tablet PC Android 2.1 OS,1GMhz CPUProduct Model:ZT180Mainly Characteristic:ZT180: 10.1touchscreen+Andriod 2.1 newest Version+1G Mhz CPU+2GB HDD.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess mine is not an Ekin 003. Mine has IO as follows... with round button on bottom, bottom center is reset hole, way left is mic hole, right of reset I have headphone, USB, miniUSB-OTG, DC-in. Left side is 2 speakers one top one bottom. Right side is rocker-volume-switch (actually Menu, Tasks -big round is Back), then Ethernet-dongle (using micro-USB connector), then power button, then microSD slot. The top has a pin-hole in each corner that I'm not sure what it is for (probably disassemble). The back is all silver (no text or logos anywhere)It is supposed to be an ARM Cortex A8 1GHz. It has no camera or BT or GPS, just WiFi, mic and speaker internal. It seems to have ~300megs free for installing apps.Does anyone know anything about this pad and where I could download any firmware for it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.