Android Tablets Forum banner

Fully functional Google market

5K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  PandaFan 
#1 ·
After I got the market hack to work on my PDN, I tried to search for Pandora, Beautiful Widgets and couple other apps but couldnt find them in the market. I realized my market didnt have all the apps available. I found out google has a built in filtering system that prevented me from seeing certain apps. I found out that when I set my virtual phone sdk to get a google id, I set up the SDK with a very basic no frills phone. I had to create a new google account, then remake the phone in SDK with SD card support, camera, dpad etc in the options which isnt the default 1.6 profile. If you dont do that your PDN market will be gimped. You only get one id per google account so you need to make a new google account. Fortunately for me I wanted to create a new account, but if you already used your primary account. Be sure to create a phone that mimics say a popular phone like the nexus one or Droid. Not sure how this is gonna affect things in the future with the google id bit.

#3 ·
[quote name='y0chang;28709]After I got the market hack to work on my PDN' date=' I tried to search for Pandora, Beautiful Widgets and couple other apps but couldnt find them in the market. I realized my market didnt have all the apps available. I found out google has a built in filtering system that prevented me from seeing certain apps. I found out that when I set my virtual phone sdk to get a google id, I set up the SDK with a very basic no frills phone. I had to create a new google account, then remake the phone in SDK with SD card support, camera, dpad etc in the options which isnt the default 1.6 profile. If you dont do that your PDN market will be gimped. You only get one id per google account so you need to make a new google account. Fortunately for me I wanted to create a new account, but if you already used your primary account. Be sure to create a phone that mimics say a popular phone like the nexus one or Droid. Not sure how this is gonna affect things in the future with the google id bit.[/QUOTE'] Because of this google market issue of not showing all apps, I use "AppBrain Market". This shows all the apps, interface is same as google market and works fine after doing google market hack.

#6 ·
Another interesting thing about the Google ID you use:I used the Google ID from my HTC Hero and the Market is the same on my phone and my PDN. So far all the apps I tried work on the PDN, even some that didn't before (before installing GE). The unexpected extra is that when I install something on my phone it shows on my PDN and vice versa. I can even install some of the paid apps from my phone to my PDN.

#8 ·
I am also using appbrain and i love it, I would like to pull the .apk for appbrain and android market from the emulator. The problem i am having is the device i used in the emulator does not appear to have any commands installed. I am unable to ls (list dir contents) and it will not show the current path within the shell. I am using the emulators "Terminal Emulator" apk. I can get SU even SUDO but the commands dont "echo" correctly. For instance I issuse a CD system command, the shell responds with # but not the dir path. ls is not found. Needless to say i'm not very linux savvy but I am trying.I was hoping someone could write me out a cmd line to extract the apks for android market and appbrain.I would like to push those 2 apps + panda home and app installer whenever I restore.

#10 ·
appbrain requires you to use your android market gmail login. They say you can download the Appbrain Installer through a web browser, but IDK if it uses Android Marlet locally for install. Someone should look in to it.

#12 ·
It works and syncs fine in the emulator. (Using the AndEmu.avd) Also I made a bat files that Extract the database from a working emulator setup. The another one that uses sqlite3.exe (the one from the tool directory in the Android SDK) it extracts the androidID from the emulator database, grabs the novel database, and injects the ID then pushes back to the Novel. I'm sure alot of ppl have this done already, but if anyone out there needs these, ask.

#15 ·
I'll be more specific: we've been using a 1.6 emu with a 1.6 device img to get an id. Anyone try to use a 2.0 or 2.1 img with a 2.0 or 2.1 emu to get a 2.0 or 2.1 id?

#18 ·
The 1.6 stock img doesn't work either, hence we've been copying in another img. So does anyone have a 2.0/2.1/2.2 img to carry into the emu, like we've been doing with 1.6?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.