Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Skippy;43148 said:
hoping someone thats more technical than me can findout if we have an accelerometer and if we can add a microphone and camera to our device
TCC8900_FULL_SPEC_V1.05.pdf
Nowhere on that document can I find a "meter" or "accelerometer" native to the board. I think if it came with one, it would be mounted to the board after the main board was received from the manufacturer. Regardless, we would need access to the kernel to add/write/modify the drivers to run these things (I'm pretty sure). Forgive me, I'm slowly piecing things together. We're pretty limited with what we can integrate until we have access to the kernel's code. I wish Augen would publish what the next round of updates contains, if there are any...so I can decide whether to return this and spend a few more dollars on a better platform (MIDnite) out of the box or keep it. The market should be flooded with them very soon, with the holidays coming 'round, the manufacturers are scrambling (I'm sure) to get their products ready and out there.

· Registered
57 Posts
I actually read through most of the documentation, and can easily say that accelerometers would usually connect to the UART or another port. With that said, the gentouch78 can support that if you don't mind doing a hardware modification to add the feature.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.