Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
If we have root we should be able to use the market enabler app. I've not used it myself before, but Google should know where to find it
Otherwise SlideMe would be a good alternative.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What is strange is that it doesn't appear we can use the 'add an android ID' hack that is on the wiki and other places online. The databases in that hack don't exist (unless I am missing them) on the Wits. I am assuming this means the whole market isn't installed yet in the operating system. I'm trying to figure this out. Apktor is a nice patch
, but it is no solution given what some of us are looking for (up to date apps, paid apps, etc etc).

·
Registered
114 Posts
Come to think of it, how do you even install APKs from the internet without some sort of file explorer in Android? Are you guys installing a file explorer via ADB first?

·
Registered
6 Posts
[quote name='dataslut;40096]We have rooted it' date=' market enabler doesn't work unfortunately..Sent from my A81E using Tapatalk[/QUOTE'] Have you tried using marketAccess? Market enabler didn't work on my HTC desire, but marketaccess works like a charm

·
Registered
90 Posts
if you plan to modify the google id, it is no longer stored in the same place, it's now in com.google.android.gsf:ish or something alike. Another point of interest is the shared_prefs folder and the file CheckinService.xml where the id and build fingerprint is found. If you want to recheckin to google go to the phone app and type in *#*#CHECKIN#*#*

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm digging into it. Did that work out for you Mns? I don't see the gls.db in com.google.android.gsf I guess back to googling... I can't seem to find the right table and database to put the android ID into.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I know this is reviving a dead thread, and I am (moderately) sorry, but did it work?

·
Registered
5 Posts
No worries. I shouldn't have left it hanging. I sort of gave up / ran out of time. It wasn't seeming to take the androidID and I was pretty confident I was doing everything correct as I had done this on someone's pandadigital and it worked. Anyway, since no one seemed to be implying it would definitely work I had to stop putting time into it. It looks like some people are claiming success altering build.prop in the new 8.31 firmware thread page 7, so Im waiting to see clarity on that effort.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks, I will try the build.prop fingerprint change when my wits arrives. if USPS loses it, I can say that I have Lost my Wits! /endbadjoke

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.