Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you did apply the Market Fix for Missing Apps, but have issues with it, (as I did with my PDP) (you should only have issues if you have the PDP with 2.3.4) check out my post, Missing Apps Fix Broke It. You can find a full fix there.
So I'm new here, just received a PDP for Xmas, firmware version PR72_A_BN_W_A_C_12022011. I take it that's the latest?

What is the Market Fix for Missing Apps anyway? I'm fairly new to the whole rooting and flashing new FW thing, though I did successfully root my original droid phone as well as installed a cyanomodfix ROM. Was pretty easy, though it's hard to get simple, concrete info on how to ensure that you have a recovery ROM sitting in your memory somewhere so if you mess up your new ROM flash, you can go back.

Anyway, I'd like to try the FW that spz0 has come up with. It's already rooted, etc, so I think I can follow the instructions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did have one basic question that maybe somebody can answer. I've been trying to download some basic apps using the getjar site and it seems painfully slow. I can only assume that a lot of new tablet owners have opened the present and are doing the same, so it's clogged up at the moment.

Is it possible to use the android market site or even load their app on the PDP? Will I be able to do so with spz0's firmware?

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I'm new here, just received a PDP for Xmas, firmware version PR72_A_BN_W_A_C_12022011. I take it that's the latest?

What is the Market Fix for Missing Apps anyway? I'm fairly new to the whole rooting and flashing new FW thing, though I did successfully root my original droid phone as well as installed a cyanomodfix ROM. Was pretty easy, though it's hard to get simple, concrete info on how to ensure that you have a recovery ROM sitting in your memory somewhere so if you mess up your new ROM flash, you can go back.

Anyway, I'd like to try the FW that spz0 has come up with. It's already rooted, etc, so I think I can follow the instructions.
I just got one for Christmas as well - 2.3.4, kernel 2.6.34, build PR74_A_AM_W_A_C_09132011, and I want to figure out how to root it...but I'm chicken. I've been waiting for a tablet for a long time, and I don't want to brick it, so I'm looking for instructions so specific that even I can't screw it up!

I can confidently do just about ANYTHING to a PC, but this little tablet has me nervous - go figger!

compumom

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got one for Christmas as well - 2.3.4, kernel 2.6.34, build PR74_A_AM_W_A_C_09132011, and I want to figure out how to root it...but I'm chicken. I've been waiting for a tablet for a long time, and I don't want to brick it, so I'm looking for instructions so specific that even I can't screw it up!

I can confidently do just about ANYTHING to a PC, but this little tablet has me nervous - go figger!

compumom
Being the impatient type, I just installed the spz0 firmware per his instructions 2 hours ago. It's a fabulous improvement. A few tense moments when it pauses during the install and then again during boot-up, but the result is impressive. My thanks to spz0 for what I'm sure has been a lot of hard work. Android Market popped right up, although the selection seems more limited than on my other two phones. I did some searching and there's another thread about that and apparently it has to do with Market checking to see the type of Android phone/tablet, and spz0 is on it.

Anyway, if you have the latest firware (and it looks like you do), then I'd say go ahead and download it, rename to update.zip, move it to the SD card root and reset into the special boot mode (or whatever it's called) and run it. You'll be happy you did. (it also really does seem to be running faster...)

·
Registered
113 Posts
compumom, that unit is an Amazon unit - check the model number on the bottom of the unit. If it is R70A200FR, you probably will NOT be able to use Spz0's firmware - another user with an FR model found that it would not flash successfully on his. Unfortunately, I don't believe any devs here have one of those models yet to try and find the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's fixed!
3. Re-installed the 10112011 FW located here
Edit 2: They don't have the 10112011 FW anymore, so I changed the link from the Pandigital website to mine.
I'm desperate to find 10112011 in order to fix the broken Home and Search buttons that I now have as a result of trying to install 'gapps.' However, your site shows as under construction with no specific file or page links, and the original is gone.

Can anyone help so that I can fix this problem?

I have a Model R70A200(FR) - so please don't suggest spz0's incompatible ROM

Edit - Finally found (in this posting)!
Direct from PanDigital http://mirror.support.pandigital.net:8080/Support/FW/Tablets/R70A200FR-2/PR74_A_AM_W_A_C_10022011.zip

21 - 26 of 26 Posts