Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any the of ROM gurus began porting Froyo to the the M001 yet?I understand that the kernal is smaller, and with the new JIT, the requirements are less the 1.6, and the speed is faster.I lok forward to seeing the Eken Froyo, and adding some funds to the guru that gets the ported 2.2 working.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think that froyo requires a newer revision of the arm CPU than what we have. Doesnt make it impossible, just more difficult (and timely)

·
Registered
164 Posts
its hypothetically possible, but the kernel on the EKEN needs sorting first, we dont even have proper kernel hacked 1.6 roms yet, so i wouldnt hold your breath. I have froyo on my HTC hero using the .29 (the one the EKEN uses) but its weather or not that kernal has been modified, and if it has, how.Like i said, possible

·
Registered
446 Posts
the kernel in the m001 is different from a normal android kernel. its not as clean and it is built from montvista embedded linux, once we pick it apart and sort it out we might get it running, but that'll be a awhile, we want to getting working 1.6 kernels first so 2.2 isnt even on the map yet.

·
Registered
164 Posts
[quote author=ECOTOX link=topic=241.msg2083#msg2083 date=1274812100]the kernel in the m001 is different from a normal android kernel. its not as clean and it is built from montvista embedded linux, once we pick it apart and sort it out we might get it running, but that'll be a awhile, we want to getting working 1.6 kernels first so 2.2 isnt even on the map yet.[/quote]true its based on Montavista, but the fact its called .29 must mean thats the kernal version used, plus correct me if im wrong, but the emulator for linux runs on a .29 kernel, which also happens too be able too run froyo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts