Android Tablets Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
This thread is old and obsolete. Kindly see the other thread for latest updates.http://www.slatedroid.com/pandigita...opment/5844-android-2-2-froyo-alpha-beta.htmlDISCLAIMER: Use at your own risk. I am not responsible for whatever bad might happen due to the use of this firmware.This is a custom firmware zip file containing system.img compiled from AOSP froyo branch and my fixes to get wifi working. Enjoy.
S10_08_14_K_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.zipI am not going to mention what does not work, because most of the stuff does not at this point.However, the stuff that works currently is * Touch screen* wifi ( I have tested with my network on wpa2) May not a reboot if you disable and re-enable Wifi again.* volume hack built-in* the soft keyboard (very slow, probably due to graphics being slow).This is more of a proof-of-concept at this point and should be considered pre-alpha.It is not optimized in anyway. Again use at your own risk. I have tested it and it works pretty well for me. It is based off of PD firmware 07/24 and requires the kernel from that firmware to be installed for a working touch screen. You should be able to just drop this on to the SD card and flash it as you would normally do. It however, only flashes ramdisk, system.img and userdata.img. No kernel/bootloader. So, you need to be at base firmware 07/24.Some tips : If the touchscreen gets unresponsive, slide the power button as you would do for a screen wakeup and the touchscreen should start working. Also note that the lock screen shows a phone size screen and does not fill up the full screen.8/15:* sdcard mounting now works. Fixed vold. Internal micro SDHC card gets mounted on /PD_Novel at boot and the external sdhc card can be mounted from the settings ->sdcard utility.Modified firmware based on PD 07/24.S10_08_15_K_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.zipEnjoy. :)Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Scoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore!!!!

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I want to look at this just to see how you got WiFi working (which a few of us have been going nuts over). Care to give details?EDIT: build.prop shows "ro.board.platform=s3c6410", and there are changes in the loadWiFi.sh from the PDN defaults. I know that the loadWiFi.sh alterations are part of what we need for Eclair, as I can see that wifi.interface = ra0 on my device now (which is good).loadWifi.sh additions, for reference:setprop wifi.interface 'ra0'usleep 50000setprop wlan.driver.status 'ok'usleep 50000My guess, as I supected last night, is that the Pandigital implementation is completely screwy and using it as a reference is getting us nowhere. My gut feeling now is that it's just a question of figuring out the build changes in this Froyo build for the "ra0" interface, porting it over to the Ecalir alpha, and we might get WiFi working there.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Just when I'm ready to give up, this board feeds me more information and gets my hopes up again. I think it's a conspiracy to keep me from doing regular work. :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry, for the late reply. Was up late last night getting this stuff to work and washalf asleep when I posted this thread
Thanks to all the great work you guys have been doing.The loadWiFi.sh changes that roebeet posted are required. It seems to be becauseof how the ra0 driver has been implemented. I am not sure we can blame PD here.They probably did not have much time to fix the driver to get compliant with androidframework and so added hacks to get it to work. The stuff I added to the script shouldlet the command line stuff work. The other part of the fix is in the android framework where all the attempts to load and unload the driver are stubbed out (hacky, but seemsto work). I am not sure how to make it to work with any stock android framework giventhe quirkiness of the driver, hence the need to recompile AOSP. I know there are bugs, but I want to get all pieces working first and then we can start to iron out the bugs. Next step is audio, graphics and finally the accelerometer and we will have a great aPad :DAny pointers you have on getting the other stuff to work would be great in getting thecomplete package put together.Thanks.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I copied the alsa stuff from the pdn install. It worked under 2.1 but under 2.2 I getalsa_amixerALSA lib external/alsa-lib/src/control/control.c:909:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL defaultamixer: Mixer attach default error: No such file or directoryAny ideas what that is?I have the sound stuff loadingls /dev/snd*mixercontrolC0audiodsppcmC0D0cpcmC0D0pseqsequencer2sequencertimer

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.